Escaped Convict (Done)

Discussion in 'RAT ROD BIKE BUILD OFF 2' started by ACD, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Chainsaw

Chainsaw

0   0   0

I'll start looking for pics of it on the wall of my post office! :shock:
    Will probably make "America's Mosted Wanted"!
    Great job!
  2. ACD

ACD

0   0   0

Well the final quirks have been worked out of the Convict and it is a reliable bike now. Someday down the road I shall try to get some 24" by 1.75" inch whitewalls for it as it has about 3/16" clearance to the seat stays and chain stays with the 2.125 wide rubber but it doesn't rub. Plus it looks much cooler with the big rubber. Final shots for the "RRBBO2 Finished Bikes" board need to be taken yet but beyond that I am happy. I had a few ideas I kicked around including a revolving light but that seems more appropriate for a "Cop" bike than a Convict bike. I now officialy can call it done with no excuses. 4 people besides me have ridden it and they all agree it handles strange with all the weight (big ole' 12v lantern) on the fork assembly but that it is fun and a great attention getter. It's pretty comfortable for a Rat. I could have made it look a bit better by dropping the seat low like most do but keep in mind this is a small frame bike and I built it to be realistic. Could I have ridden it slammed? Probably. Would I have been as likely too? No way. So it's honest, it's drawn first blood.... well make that about 5 times it's gashed me pretty good! :D but most of all it is done. By the way I caught it on the computer looking at "Victoria" the other night. Lock her up xddorox you can't trust a Convict.
  3. kingplinker

kingplinker

0   0   0

Great job on the bike man! One sweet rat ride! Cheers to you!
  4. proudlove

proudlove

0   0   0

I just hope your tetanus shots are up to date. Great bike man, stay safe.
  5. Firewalker

Firewalker

0   0   0

Hey ....I came across a real cool song that I think is perfect for this cool build!!!!!

The Aggrolites "Prisoner Song" a must play next time you ride!

if you can't down load it from somewere send me your email and I will send it to you :D

here is a live version

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C4_d7IXc--4

FW
  6. ACD

ACD

0   0   0

Thanks I like it! Never thought of adding a boom box to the bike....hmmm.
  7. Firewalker

Firewalker

0   0   0

Well sure! I have a Ipod with externel speakers mounted to the front handle bars :shock: :D
  8. kingplinker

kingplinker

0   0   0

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[​IMG]
  9. ACD

ACD

0   0   0

The Convict says..."Do your worst". He's actually scheduled to do some more running tomorrow. Going back to jail, to the train yard, the graveyard, maybe the airport, and the Ferry Terminal. Hopefully the cops don't spot him!
  10. ACD

ACD

0   0   0

More pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. sandalscout

sandalscout

0   0   0

sweet pictures, the bike looks AWESOME with those 2 old roadsters... or whatever you want to call that kind of car.
  12. CCR

CCR Certified Man-Child Moderator

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

New Pics

i like the pic with the concrete pipes the best, all nice shots but thats my fav
  13. ACD

ACD

0   0   0

The one to the left is a 29 Duesenburg Model J and on the right is an Auburn Boattail Speedster Just thought you'd like to see a Rat bike with a couple Million worth of cars. I like the pipes too but there is a blurry spot in the pic.
  14. ACD

ACD

0   0   0

Just thought I'd throw in the rest of the pics I took.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. ACD

ACD

0   0   0

Note to self... Crazy barbed wire covered Theme Bike (NO) Build mean looking, lunch money stealing , Muscle Rat Mack Truck of a bike instead. (Karfer it was cool chatting with you last night. Awesome Bike my friend) :D
  16. xddorox

xddorox

0   0   0

Aaron I would vote your bike as the winner of the "Most Dangerous" category. "Danger is my middle name"-Your bike :D
  17. ACD

ACD

0   0   0

Strange part is the only time it is an issue (barbed wire) is when you try to pick up the bike to load it in the van or something. :roll:
  18. tikiharl

tikiharl

0   0   0

Hey Aaron, if there had been a category for the most creative you would have taken it hands down 8) Great build !!!
    Harley
  19. karfer67

karfer67

0   0   0

lol yea that was fun. i bet your bike barbed wire and all is more comfortable to ride though at least for distance which is what the escaped convict is all about. a convict would not get too far on the ratty truck but they would look tough trying. ahhh the price to pay to be cool. awsome bike and i agree this should win for most creative theme
  20. ACD

ACD

0   0   0

Thanks guys, Karfer you better stay on your game man, your really gonna have to pull out the stops to beat the next bike.. The Xena Warrior Princess Bike. And if you still win I get to say you beat up a girl!! Theme bikes don't seem to be popular as Rats but to me they are a heck of a lot of fun to build. Just adds that extra element of design and innovation which only adds to the fun. My wife is getting in on the Xena Bike. I asked her "Honey would you mind looking for stuff over the next few months to incorporate into the bike?" Asking a wife to shop .... she obviously agreed. :D