Escaped Convict (Done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ACD said:
Theme bikes don't seem to be popular as Rats but to me they are a heck of a lot of fun to build.

And a heck of a lot of fun to watch being built!!!

Of all the builds...yours and Fast Eddie's were the most entertaining for sure.

Steve thanks, coming from the head Rat that means a lot. I think it's a shame Eddie didn't get to finish on time. The one that I most wanted to see was Gigs Pixie Bike... now that was a build thread!!

You know it's funny about those cars, I've been around them and others just as rare for so long I kind of take them for granted. I've ridden in both and driven others not quite as valuable but still out of my tax bracket. I waxed and polished that Duesenberg a few times.. she is an elegant machine. They belong to http://www.ohtm.org which is a mile from my house. I volunteer there and get to work on things most people never get to see. I have ridden in the oldest original (running) internal combustion vehicle possibly in the US an 1898 Leon Bollee

98leon.jpeg

Leon Bollee was the first in France to build small gasoline powered vehicles, beginning to do so in 1895. This voiturette as he called it, was introduced in the 1896 Paris-Marseille-Paris race. With three speeds of 6-12-18 mph, it was one of the fastest of its type. In 1897 modified versions won the Paris-Dieppe race at 24 mph and the Paris-Trouville race at 28 mph.

Specifications: tandem two-seat tri-car;engine four-cycle, single-cylinder,air-cooled, with hot tube ignition;bore 76 mm., stroke 145 mm., displacement 650 cc., 2.5 hp.

This thing is cool and kind of a Rat in it's own right.

Please look at the museums collection and if any of you ever come to my area let me know, you can take the Convict for a spin and I'll give the tour of the Museum and a ride in a Model T.

Aaron

iduno i am so drained by this build i think i may sit the next one out and watch you guys fight over it lol. but then again who knows maybe something will stumble across my path just waiting to be the next big thing who knows. but you should be very proud of your bike i swear one of my fav bikes to ride is my little 1/2 pint. nothing like the looks you get on a chopper 12 inch wheel bike with wheelie bars

Latest posts

Back