ENGINE No.9 (completely complete!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BARBACUED IGUANA 5/11 last update!

Markm said:
oooooooooooooo....drop it or throw flames?????????????????????????????

no, i won't be dropping it and flame throwers are old news now but you're definitely in the ballpark :wink:

XC204 said:
That light is just perfect fits the mood of that bike just excelent.

yeah i thought the same thing when i saw it!

ratina said:
Man that is cool!

How are you going to connect the coaster strap?

actually these aren't the wheels i'll be using for the finished product but i'm sure i figure out a way to strap that bad boy down!

deorman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7VsoxT_FUY&feature=related

hahaha! thanks deorman! :D

Re: BARBACUED IGUANA - name changed!

so i've been thinking about changing the name and theme of my bike quite a bit for the past couple of days. i started out having a rough vision of what i wanted the bike to look like but the more i progressed the more it seemed another path was meant for this build. so that being said BARBACUED IGUANA will now be named ENGINE No.9 (#9) it will be a tribute to all the firefighters everywhere that risk life and limb to help their fellow man. i can only hope that what i create will measure up....

OldEngine91968Seagrave.jpg

Re: ENGINE No.9

Awesome build.
The rear springer is killer. I seen it done with the monark springer put never with the schwinn style.
And the full wrap fenders, I like.

xddorox said:
As an ex-smoke eater I love your theme choice. The diamond plate should blend into that real good. :)
i'm glad you like it. :D i don't usually like to change the name or theme of a bike i've already started but once i put the diamond plate on it was clear what i had to do.

deorman said:
Given the length, I'd say hook and ladder instead of the pumper you posted. :wink:

lol, yeah that would be cool but i'm not sure how i could engineer that :lol:

dangratsdan said:
Awesome build.
The rear springer is killer. I seen it done with the monark springer put never with the schwinn style.
And the full wrap fenders, I like.
thanks man! :) i've still got a lot more planned so keep watchin...

time for paint. of course it will be mostly fire engine red with some ivory white to set it off a bit.

paint-1.jpg

Verry cool build man, i really like the flask. Whiskey is good to put the thirst away, or is it whiskey you just dont care about being thirsty :D. Nice use of springer parts. Looks like it would ride like a Caddy.

fenderhole said:
xddorox said:
As an ex-smoke eater I love your theme choice.
as a newer smoke eater i also approve this build!

deorman said:
Given the length, I'd say hook and ladder instead of the pumper you posted. :wink:

haha yes def. a truck. u need another seat and a tiller

Re: BARBACUED IGUANA

fenderhole said:
More progress pics... So if i have a bell on my bike i almost always mount it on the seat tube, this bike is no exception but with the handlebars so far forward it's going to make reaching it difficult if not down right dangerous. I decided to solve this problem by attaching the bell to a brake cable and lever. It works great! Now a quick pull on the brake, or should i say "bell lever" should keep all those pedestrians in check. :lol: :p

prog1.jpg

prog2.jpg

How in the heck did you get this to work?! Seems so simple, but I tried it on a bike that I have and the lever won't go back on it's own after you ring the bell. What's the trick?

sking1973 said:
How in the heck did you get this to work?! Seems so simple, but I tried it on a bike that I have and the lever won't go back on it's own after you ring the bell. What's the trick?

hahaha :) yeah, i was wondering when someone was going to ask me that. the trick is installing a extra return spring inside the bell(see pic). i used one of the stiff springs from a gm hei ignition recurve kit which seems to work great.
bell.jpg

fenderhole said:
hahaha :) yeah, i was wondering when someone was going to ask me that. the trick is installing a extra return spring inside the bell(see pic). i used one of the stiff springs from a gm hei ignition recurve kit which seems to work great.

Now THAT is a great tip. I keep looking at your forks, and I keep fighting the desire to rip them off for my build. :wink:

gowjobs said:
I keep looking at your forks, and I keep fighting the desire to rip them off for my build. :wink:

okay, but i want credit and royalties... oh, and if you win we have to share custody of the trophy :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I end up building a Fenderhole springer, I'll definitely give credit where it's due. Was reviewing the thread, and saw your discussion on the difficulty of climbing hills with these laid-back, semi-recumbant cruisers. I had a Dyno several years ago (I think I bought it about '94 or so), and it benefitted greatly from a small bolster across the back of the saddle to push against. A king-and-queen style seat or a sissy bar of some sort could offer similar assistance.

gowjobs said:
Was reviewing the thread, and saw your discussion on the difficulty of climbing hills with these laid-back, semi-recumbant cruisers. I had a Dyno several years ago (I think I bought it about '94 or so), and it benefitted greatly from a small bolster across the back of the saddle to push against. A king-and-queen style seat or a sissy bar of some sort could offer similar assistance.

hmmm, that's a good idea. do you have a pic of that seat?

fenderhole said:
hmmm, that's a good idea. do you have a pic of that seat?

I never took a pic of the bike after the seat mod, but I can tell you that I used nuts on the bolts running through the springs under the seat to secure it. You can see similar "kidney cushions" on some old Indians, etc.

fenderhole said:
gowjobs said:
I keep looking at your forks, and I keep fighting the desire to rip them off for my build. :wink:

okay, but i want credit and royalties... oh, and if you win we have to share custody of the trophy :lol: :lol: :lol:
:x I feel the same way Gowjobs' feelin' ... If I use it in a build, I will give you credit for the "Fenderhole springer"... :shock: I have this weird feeling that some time in the future, a company will manufacture and sell this type of set up...judging by how many views you have, I think its safe to say that you definitely got something that mostly everybody, including me, wished they did it first in a build. 8)

Latest posts

Back