En Fuego

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Surprise...I'm building a Firestone. I thought the name was a nice play on the Fire in Firestone. I figure a bike that's name is loosely translated to "On Fire" will push me to build something really special...besides, if I fail miserably, I can always set it on fire. Knowing you guys, that might actually get me more votes!

I have a bunch of ideas banging around in my head, but what I know for sure is that there were will be at least some bare metal and it will be hot rod to the core.

The bike is a Monark built Firestone Cruiser. I picked up the frame, badge, fenders, guard, stem and bars at Memory Lane for $20.

I have always liked these frames
ef1.jpg

ef2.jpg

Not the super deep fenders, but these are in really nice shape and might look good on fire.
ef3.jpg

ef4.jpg

Welcome back to the build off. Missed ya last year. I always love your builds , and look forward to this one setting bonine on fire.

You'd definitely get more sway in voting by burning those god awfully ugly shoes

I like the little En Fuego guy avatar

Looks interesting.

My wife loves the checkered seat, thanks a lot, now I have to find another one LOL
Looking forward to seeing how your pull another very cool bike together

My wife loves the checkered seat, thanks a lot, now I have to find another one LOL
Looking forward to seeing how your pull another very cool bike together
If I don't use it, I'll let you know. I plan to use it, but if my bike becomes more glam than raw, I'll cover another silver sparkle one. I bought enough glitter material to cover several!

Thanks for the good comments. I wish I had some progress to post. Been on call all weekend. I cleaned out the garage, the shed and the basement. Moved a giant woodpile....Got my mountain bike ready for the season...and my build off is still sitting patiently under the workbench. I plan to get it ready tonight to take over to my buddy's house to use his sandblaster tommorrow after work. Then I need to experiment with some scrap fenders. I know that I want to go at least partial raw metal...but I also want some bling....

Latest posts

Back