Emory

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
It's not really a big deal, but does anyone ever see people list Emory bikes for sale and/or post pics of Emory bikes, and they claim they are 1976 models?
I can only assume they're claiming that based on the headbadge which says 1976.

Problem is, that date on the badge is when the company started, not when the bike was manufactured... if I'm not mistaken. Emory experts please weigh in on this.

That's like saying the Heineken you're drinking was made in 1873 because it says "1873" on the label.

Is the '1976 Emory claim' a valid point or just an insignificant observation?

Thoughts?

Emory started producing bikes about 1976, using Snyder's tooling. That's why I think the best ones are those bikes, Ashtabula forks and welds done by hand. They are as good as a 50's Rollfast IMO. Later, tubular forks and robot welds, but still decent bikes. In Jacksonville, where they were made, you can find them on CL from time to time. The best one I had was at a yard sale pretty cheap. On other ones I had, the serial number was vertically stamped on the head tube and I thought the first 2 digits were the year, and the SA 3 speed hub matched the number on one, but Clayton at Emory stated that no order was assigned to the numbers.
I think they are advertised mostly as 76 because of the 76 on the head badge.

My early Emory, probably a 76:
1918392_193638121736_2971409_n.jpg

Here's another I had, big difference, probably a mid 80's bike.

b7zw5f.jpg

I've had this theory too, b/c I have also noticed a lot of Emory bikes being referred to as being from '76, on sale ads or just discussion threads. Of course, I can't prove it...

PS- I only drink the finest vintage Heineken, aged over 125 years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back