ELLIS SPEED SHOP SCHWINN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPEED SHOP BIKE

Here's what will hold it together, it's no secret I'm looking for a fork to put on this bike still though
(who's holding out on parts tinman :lol: )

IMG_9057.jpg

Your right Skip, the whitewalls pic was the one that really caught my eye in the first place :D

texasbigjon said:
jeremy, maybe you should have held on to that springer you sold me! :p

No worries Jon, I've still got a couple springers hanging around, still got something else in mind though :wink:

glad i didnt need a chainguard jeremy!!

Loving that truck and if your bike looks like it I´ll be lovin´it too :wink:

Thanks man, I think youthgeye is right though, everyone seems to be pulling out all sorts of crazy wheelsets and tires this year :shock:

I'm on the edge of my seat :)

Spent about 30 minutes on the bike today ... not much but its a start

IMG_9058.jpg

IMG_9061.jpg

almost got the other side sprayed but ran out of stripper :cry:

IMG_9064.jpg

soooo close ...

IMG_9065.jpg

... but that was all she had left

IMG_9063.jpg

Not far off but I've still got the chainguard to strip and would like to hit the tight spots a little better first, so this is were I'm at until tomorrow.

IMG_9069.jpg

I did find a full can of oven cleaner though so I think I'm going to try that tomorrow and see how it compares.

dragnusa said:
make sure its the toxic stuff. the non toxic oven cleaner dont work so great.

Good comment to add man, the can says to relocate the family dog, call the fire department, spend all your savings and get right with God before use. :wink:

CCR said:
dragnusa said:
make sure its the toxic stuff. the non toxic oven cleaner dont work so great.

Good comment to add man, the can says to relocate the family dog, call the fire department, spend all your savings and get right with God before use. :wink:
HAHA!! Thanks for the laugh.. That was funny! Good job on the frame.. It'll be a blank slate for you soon!

g-ratter said:
IMG_9061.jpg

Love the effect the stripper had. Very Spiderman.
To bad you could not keep it.

clear coat and run with it!

Evidently I had the "choke in a cloud of lemon freshness" oven cleaner and not the "melt your face off while your friends watch" oven cleaner :roll: Still toxic as all get out but barely put a curl in the old spray bomb job. Started cleaning up by hand until my boy convinced me to go get a slushy down the street. There are priorities involved here even I can't deny :D

Oven cleaner results ...

IMG_9272.jpg

Quick hit with the orbital

IMG_9281.jpg

CCR said:
Evidently I had the "choke in a cloud of lemon freshness" oven cleaner and not the "melt your face off while your friends watch" oven cleaner :roll: Still toxic as all get out but barely put a curl in the old spray bomb job. Started cleaning up by hand until my boy convinced me to go get a slushy down the street. There are priorities involved here even I can't deny :D
tried the lemon freshness kind myself all it did was tick me off

Latest posts

Back