>>>Eliminator 20" Muscle: Final finished picture here, p. 62

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bratz Eliminator 20"

Great work! I see ya still going strong! Peace

Thank you for using brake cleaner instead of gasoline, for your health, gas is bad as it absorbs in the skin and hangs out in your body for a long time... in places you wouldn't want it. :shock:

The only thing I see wrong so far is that you talk about the kid that owned this bike as being a boy, but surely, it was a girl. :p

man this is looking real nice i like the fender looks real good.. question .. do you mind posting a pick of the head tube bolt does yours have a regular hex head on it?? im just wondering mine does but it looks funny that way...

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's hilarious :!: Sounds like it was fun.That's how it goes with 7 year olds sometimes.

yoothgeye said:
You are building a bike I wanna ride, and that's the kind of bike I vote for.
Hey! What he said! At the Phillies game right now! peace

WOW! I am drooling over that paint job! I love gassers! Can't wait to see if you incorporate some tinted plexi!

Tell me, on your masking and painting, at what point are you removing your masking tape, wet, tacky, dry to touch, cured? I do it differently it seems like each time and thought I normally have success, I've had some screw ups and believe it's due to inconsistency.

Even if you don't keep teh checkerboard, post the after photos for us to see.

Peatbog said:
jaysmo said:
man this is looking real nice i like the fender looks real good.. question .. do you mind posting a pick of the head tube bolt does yours have a regular hex head on it?? im just wondering mine does but it looks funny that way...

Is this the bolt of which you speak--meaning the bolt at the lower left in the picture?

13d.jpg

That is the acorn nut on that side though. But the bolt head on the other side is indeed a hex head. Now that you mention it, the hex head does look funny. If I can get some threaded rod of the right size and another acorn nut, I could eliminate the hex head. Or do you mean a different bolt?
yupp that sure is it... and i was thinking the same thing a piece threaded rod to fix it i thought mine was rebuild at some time or something..
Thanks for the info!!!

Peatbog said:
raggedjim said:
Not trying to be smart but if you decide to use threaded rod get hardened rod (Fastenal has it as well as others). Regular all-thread is too soft.

Good luck, Rg

Good idea. Thanks.
+1 Thanks for the tip

If you don't use it, hang it in your shop as art!
Beauty, eh?

I hate to be this guy because that fender is indeed a work of art (and I should know, my last name *is* Fender), but I think the checkerboards should be saved for highlights, I'm afraid with that much checkerboard it might start to look like a taxi bike.

I'm just throwing it out there, I think it looks amazing, just giving a perspective. You could put it together and it could totally prove me wrong.

Latest posts

Back