ElgIndian - 1927 Elgin Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot or didn't catch the leaf spring piece you used on the saddle. Very cool!!

yes all the little pictures look nice...can we get a nice mockup picture? Pretty please.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Ok, Carl, just for you....I rolled ElgIndian out into natural light for the first time since paint...

c1b76f30b1979962ba0b5ee6d44234f9.jpg

Also, last night I relieved the handlebars of 3/4" on each end. Now it looks like...

bfe9c5d8e7052fb1e2cf47d032f99ab2.jpg

I like the grips and wrap meeting. I also tend to like narrower bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's slick brother.
Nice really neat and precise.
I'd ride that bike all day.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Man, I've got the itch to finish ElgIndian and the only scratch that satisfies is knocking things off the to-do list!!

Right side bar is now wrapped...
81d23fd532070e7893a61561363b9706.jpg

And the headbadge is affixed in prominence...

af6440486f2b0431c1f5f612ca5b9af8.jpg

I even installed the tank brackets...

7bd5339f15f33eed1824ef70dba17c91.jpg

Hope to get more done later...

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I'm pleased with all the ideas and how they work together. Ought to be a fun bike to ride!

Got word this morning that my pedals shipped yesterday. Luckily they are coming from just 3 hours away. Should be here Thursday.

Nothing overly special, just something WITHOUT reflectors!

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed how many builds have really upped their game this year? Wow. Brett (and all), these bikes are just turning out so well...design touches and color combos and cool add-ons....:41:

Can we implement the ORBO 2016 voting status.... vote for as many as you 'like'!?!

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed how many builds have really upped their game this year? Wow. Brett (and all), these bikes are just turning out so well...design touches and color combos and cool add-ons....:41:

Can we implement the ORBO 2016 voting status.... vote for as many as you 'like'!?!

Thanks OJ! And yes, I did notice that everyone pulled out their big guns for this build-off!! All the aluminum frames (old and new) as well as over-the-top paint schemes and processes!! Several TRM gender conversions, multiple boardtrackers....all the goodness!!!

It's going to be really tough to pick just 3!!!

To be honest, guys, I liked where the build was going, but something wasn't jiving....I just wasn't feeling it!!!

Until this evening!! I found the one thing it was missing, the one thing that took ElgIndian from pretender to contender...

THE SADDLE!!!

98d7ceb84777d9f97ce5f5aa414beeb9.jpg

f593b8248525cee31517cec43c9c387f.jpg

As soon as I tightened it down, I felt good about the build all over again!!!

Now, where's that taillight....

OH YEAH!!!
Love the mirror image teaser!
Awesome build!!!

Latest posts

Back