Elgin?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought what I think is a 1941 Elgin with a tool box tank. I need help finding the things on this bike that do not belong and finding the things that it needs. So far I think I need a torpedo light, a rack and some truss. I am not sure that the fenders belong on this bike and I think the rims are also not right.

The stand that I have does not fit, I think I might have to drill a bigger hole onto the frame at the very end.

Can someone help me out?

This is my first pre war bike. New to this hobby.

RDAkRzQ.jpg

FLeIopZ.jpg

z714TII.jpg

pgOezmS.jpg

NL8de1A.jpg

bkA9aI9.jpg

u9NI2o1.jpg

@kingfish254 , thanks for advice. Yeah, that is a nice ride. I think I would be happy leaving it rusty and purchasing rusty parts for it. I like that rusty look...

I agree, you have a great natural patina on that one. Just coat it in boiled linseed oil.

What is patina? Yeah the rust is mostly on the tank the rest of the bike has been painted and power coated by the last owner.

Nice Ride
Murray built, Straight Seat post would make it 37-39, after that it would be curved. Looks like most of what you have it correct for the bike. Wheels should be Drop centers and is missing the light. It may or may not have had truss rods. Rack would likely have been without the rear light.
Heres my 41 from last years Build off- Stock Isn't
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...finished-heritagevillage-downtown-pics.72032/

You have a really Nice project to start, They ride pretty nice as well as looking Awesome.

Latest posts

Back