Elgin motorbike build finished and at the gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok normally I'm not posting a new build,but this one has me excited. Got lots of differant parts choices and a frame I have wanted for a while. Steve swapped me for the Westfield and after a 7 hour drive to get my new Baby I'm off and running. I stripped the frame today and the weather has a two day window that might be good enough to paint. So here is my start.

elginmotorbikebuild004.jpg

had some trouble deciding on the tires and rims. Everybody knows that the tire rim selection makes the bike....got red tires chrome rims

elginmotorbikebuild003.jpg

got black tires red spokes and black rims

elginmotorbikebuild002.jpg

got red spokes red tires and black rims.

elginmotorbikebuild001.jpg

I am hoping someone will give me a clue as to which looks better. I'm thinking a red bike with black scallops or a black bike with red scallops. and dont come up with it will look better with tan schawlbs ...I looked and I dont have any :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Elgin motorbike build

Do it the classic way! Whitewalls, red rims, standard spokes. :lol:

Probably not an option? :D

I think all the rim/tire setups are equally appealing- I think I like the black rim black tire the best overall (third pic down), but it's close.

I think that a black bike with red scallops and a white pinstripe would look very nice.

Unchained said:
Do it the classic way! Whitewalls, red rims, standard spokes.

Too mundain.....this is suppose to have pazaz.....not an original restore. Come on now ,I already took the paint off :cry: :cry: :cry:

ratina said:
Like someone else said it all depends on the bikes color. But besides that all the combos look good.
Im hoping for a red frame with black scallops or a black frame with red scallops.

I'd have to say red tires, black wheels and a black frame with red scallops. :wink:

The red tires on black rims look way sharp man! I just closed my eyes and imagined them on a black/red scalloped frame... Looks way cool. That's what I'd do if I was looking for something with "pizazz". :mrgreen:

The key is...whatever color the tires are...don't paint the frame that color...just add accents of the tire color in.

Black tires, red wheels and a red frame with black scallops... :D

black tires,black rims,and red spokes! or getcha some of those snakeskin tires,so it looks like your riding on roadkill that won`t let go of your rims! :lol: :lol:

Ok and not only do I have a thousand diferant choices ,I have to deal with Clancy doing an Elgin next door . Maybe I can cheat and see what he is doing hummmm. Cant see his paper from here. :cry: :shock: :shock:

Ok Its not like I'm having a throwdown with Clancy on this build ,but he is building an Elgin and I am building an Elgin.....right next to each other . I looked on his paper and saw he is rebuilding his seat.....Time to bring out the big guns. My nos recovered seat......and my Torrington motorbike bars. Take that Clancy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

torrington001.jpg

Latest posts

Back