ELGIN DECOLUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Elgin grips that I got from Foxgrips.com had an issue but they are working on retooling the molds. They made sure to ship me another set of Airflo grips this past week in time for my photo shoot. As soon as they send me the new Elgins I'll swap them out.

I found this room with peeling paint in the warehouse that I really liked for photos.
101_1603.jpg

WOW. Beautiful 59!!!
John, I was pretty young when we had that car, but I remember my mom picking me up from kindergarten and first grade every Friday in that car for ice cream in the warm months. She was a teacher, and Friday was the only day she could get out of school in time to catch me before I walked home. Dad was still driving his '53 Chev Coup, until we got the '63 VW stock van that he converted into our camping and hauling vehicle. That's the vehicle I learned to drive in, 8 yrs later.
My dad and his '53 Chev Bel Air Coupe.....
*sorry for a bit of a hi-jack of your thread RM, but these cars do remind me of your build, or vice versa*
dadandhis53.jpg

Thanks! I'm pretty sure they would be a little big for cuff links. But hey, who am I to judge.:21:

They are mounted in this picture just below the rear axle.

index.php

Very Cool!! I really like the multiple fender struts. The balance of the tank to the fenders, fender skirt and chain guard is perfect. Can't wait to see it all together. Nice Job!

Very Cool!! I really like the multiple fender struts. The balance of the tank to the fenders, fender skirt and chain guard is perfect. Can't wait to see it all together. Nice Job!
Thanks! I'm hoping to fix a couple of issues today so that I can get a ride video before posting in the finished section. I'm ready to wrap this up!

Here's another shot of the fender braces for you until then...

101_1609.jpg

The chain rubbing is fixed! I had to do some crude reshaping on the fender, but it's hidden behind the chain guard so it doesn't bother me. Had I caught it before paint, I would've worked to make it look factory. But even if someone took the trouble to peak around behind it and look, it just adds character and history that one would expect from a pre-war survivor bike.:happy:
101_1712 (3).jpg

I also shimmed the handle bar so I'll be getting the ride video and calling it done today!

OH YEAH!!!
Turn it up!!!

I don't know man, I mean yea the sneak peak pics were cool; but I'm just not feeling it.

:21: Kidding of course, bike looks great. Very art deco, I think you accomplished your goal.:41::113:

Best TRM to date by far . Well done every part so detailed , polished & tarnished . New and old , cool & classic vintage yet modern. Hard not to cast a vote for the Decolux ....[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! @G-Matt this is my favorite convertible yet, glad you think so too!

I've been going through my finished pix and I'm not very happy with how my camera performed. If you look at the pictures in the last few posts, you'll see what I mean. I might try a do over on Monday. I'll try to get my finished thread up tomorrow sometime with some of the better shots that I have.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back