ELGIN DECOLUXE

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
The concept for Decoluxe is to build a 1940's era bicycle that could have existed but didn't. The bike will hopefully look like it had been found in the back of a warehouse in a once thriving metropolis somewhere in industrialized America. Opulent uses of steel and chrome mixed with the graceful lines and colors of the art deco movement will set the tone. The grime and grit of use will cement it in time. In the end my hope is that Decoluxe with evoke a warm nostalgic feeling of that bygone era in history.

Here's the starting point:
101_0815.jpg

Last edited:

American Vintage Bicycle Supply

Double Nickle
Jun 26, 2009
Dallas, GA
www.avbs.co
Please explain.
That curved seat post was a late 39 40-41 thing.

Used a lot more in 41 than 40. Not a lot of information on Prewar Murray serial numbers. But the frames always tell.

If anyone knows how to crack that serial more power to them. I think that it's mostly speculation anyways. No database.

Apr 14, 2015
I have a men's frame Murray built curved set tube & I believe it a 41 also . Sound right .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
So, if your build is as 'curvy' as it looks and others have already stated, maybe I should go for 'twiggy'? :bigsmile: I was thinking lean and mean any way....play the hand that's dealt ya I always say...

Reactions: The Renaissance Man