Elgin and?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice and straight! I would take them off just to check for any cracks, they probably need some lube on the bearings anyway.

Nice and straight! I would take them off just to check for any cracks, they probably need some lube on the bearings anyway.

Agreed! I had tightened up the bearing races until stiff to help handle the stress from the tool. However, there could be damage from either the original bend or from straightening it up. Who knows how hard they hit the curb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks kruez really cool tool.. a bit shocked how well that moved..
Also I no longer will wonder how someone rode into brick wall head on when I see forks tucked back. Never got why or how was so common.
Oh curbs... Totally logical... Not a smart man strikes again...

Really cool u managed save the one everyone said don't.
Look forward to your Elgin..

Thanks kruez really cool tool.. a bit shocked how well that moved..
Also I no longer will wonder how someone rode into brick wall head on when I see forks tucked back. Never got why or how was so common.
Oh curbs... Totally logical... Not a smart man strikes again...

Really cool u managed save the one everyone said don't.
Look forward to your Elgin..

Thanks! I assume curb, or perhaps dropped from the rafters in the garage when that hook it was hangin on went loose, lol. It's not saved yet. Have to give it a close look.

The fork appears to be cast steel. It could have a good crack. Could be saved for the same reason. I will remove it and look further today. A pretty good verbal disclaimer comes with the service from the old man at the lbs.

1ebdb4b4148481313a94e5edf4e038df.jpg

The painted over silver hoops on the red bike used to be off white/cream with a burgundy pin stripe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back