Electric Crusier

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks deorman :) We try to show that electric bicycles don't necassarily have to be 'dorky' vehicles
that you would usually see geeks riding (not that there is anything wrong with geeks...LoL) E-bikes i think, have a stigma about them, that they have short range, no power, and are expensive ...I think the video discounts at least the first two points, e-bikes can be very viable transport option and don't have to look 'odd' while doing it

Wait until we start see pump gas prices raise to 7-8 bucks a gallon we will see alot more e-bikes on the road, i know each time the oil prices spike we get an influx of new members on Endless Sphere wanting to park their cars simply because they cant afford them, and find alternative transportation, i

The oil that was 'easy' to extract dried up several years ago, there's alot of oil left enough to last hundreds of years for sure, but it cost ALOT more to extract it from the ground the days of cheap crude is long behind us make no mistake about that. Matters not either way to me, i haven't driven a car in over 10 years and will likely not again, i can afford to buy a car, i can't afford to keep one though, insurance, rego, maintenance and gas makes it unobtainable for me. My e-bike gets me 90% of the places i want to get to and it costs me under 10 cents to charge it. E-bikes for me ain't about flipping the bird to big oil or saving the environment, couldnt care less about oil companies and the earth will do just fine no matter what we do. They iz fun to build to so its all win for me hahaha

Did you know, the e-bike is more efficient than riding a pedal powered bicycle! the same energy required to go a set distance on an e-bike cost less than the food you need to eat to produce the same amount of energy to cover the same distance :p

Cheers again mate :)

KiM

I noticed the other day the boomerang shaped pivots were severely bent, like
they couldn't be anymore bent, thing is, i have absolutely no idea how it happened
it wasn't done by the actuator it simply hasn't got the power to bend them, only thing
i can think of is, i have lent the bike over few times, all the weight of the bike and my
beefcake -gorgeousness must have done it.... :mrgreen: Needed to wait for $$$
to buy some material to fix it, today i did :)

Picked up some 5 and 10mm aluminum plate to make mounts for the ThudSTaR 8)
2 speed on the other bike, so i decided i would whip up some new pivots out of some
nice 5mm aluminum plate

Cost me 60 bucks for the aluminum, will be enough for a few jobs, the first being -->

Aluminium_pivot.jpg

I know I known it REALLY could do with some lightening holes, i haven't added them
simply to keep the pieces strong OH ..Mr Goodrum please
note i have purchased a new fine line pen and retired my trusty old fat blue pen :mrgreen:
as a result hehe i didn't even need to bolt the two piece up and 'match' them they were both near identical :p
As you can see also, the old arms took a nice chunk out of the powdercoat, so i masked it up
gave it a few coats of primer filler and then a light sand before some Lamborghini candy blue
paint and a few spurts of clear lacquer to finish the fix, its not perfect but it can't be seen anywayz
and ... will stop any rust :)

Will be back onto the 2 Speed Cruiser motor mounts first thing in the a.m now
this is sorted, as said previously had to wait for pay day :: sigh:: Hyena is working hard and i must thank
him i got a $15 dollar raise in my pension for all his hard paid taxes ...cheers bud :p

ciao for now...

KiM

Latest posts

Back