Electra "Wolfgang" finally turns into carriage! NEW PICS P.4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Electra "Wolfgang" 90% finished ...*Pics p.3

...and Wolfgang is still alive... it was disassambled some months ago, because i needed the wheels for another project... no i got my hands on some nice 144s wheels... and so they went into the Wolfgang but with some bigger tires (Kenda Flames...not the best but i still had a pair in the basement!)... and i had forgotten that i loved the bike so much!... i put on an ape that was laying around for several month and went on any project but never fitted the style of the bike...no i think its o.k.! :mrgreen: (i'll change the grips shortly!)

but now the pics...

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

zr5w.jpg

Re: Electra "Wolfgang" new Pics p.3..."Its Still Alive"

Thats WILD! 8) Now it looks very cruisable,Great Work,I love it :mrgreen:

One of the coolest bikes I've seen here for quite some time.

The fork is so cool and with a little suspension, German style!

I like the mixture - the elements of "nouveau art" and the steampunked lights - all of this in a based electra bike - beautiful! :D

Nice Work man! :wink:

...hehe my dream came true... i found a trike axle... a strange one i have to assume... a hartford trike axle... but with a two wheel dual drive but both also with freewheel...strange? I KNOW! no i have to integrate a front brake :)... i have some ideas integrating a transport floor with some brass piping and i found an old suitcase made of brown leather which fits between the axle... NOW its going to be a carriage like i first planned... YIPPIEEEEE!!!

scaled.php

scaled.php

Re: Electra "Wolfgang" finally turns into carriage...

made it roll today... definitly not finished...but ill keep going... the loading bay will be manufactured next week... and wheels (i dream of 20x4" with 20x4.25 Tires in the back and 24x3" with 3"tires in the front) will be build in a few weeks...

i added some closer pics of the trike axle... its a split dual drive axle... strange looking... BUT ITS VERY GOOD FUNCTIONING!!

img1715n.jpg

img1714f.jpg

img1713f.jpg

img1712d.jpg

img1711g.jpg

img1710ih.jpg

img1709kw.jpg

img1708pz.jpg

img1707uf.jpg

definitly no gasoline motor... maybe a steam engine? or an electric motor (if steam engine isn't available) :)

...yesterday i installed a front brake, its not looking sexy... but its reducing the speed :D ...
...planning for the new wheelset started...
frontwheel : 24"x80mm plus Streethog tire 24"x3.00" in whitewall (spokes in calculation)
backwheels: 20"x100mm plus Streethog tire 20"x3.00" in whitewall (spokes in calculation)
plus i need to build two new hubs because they only have 28 holes... the rims have 36 holes... but the hubs are easy just some sheetmetal for the flanges with 18 holes per side and a 20mm tube welded together plus two carvings for the axle to "lock" in ... will be made in 1hour :)

... and there go another 200Euros for all the stuff... :(

Re: Electra "Wolfgang" finally turns into carriage...

Tibor said:
made it roll today... definitly not finished...but ill keep going... the loading bay will be manufactured next week... and wheels (i dream of 20x4" with 20x4.25 Tires in the back and 24x3" with 3"tires in the front) will be build in a few weeks...

i added some closer pics of the trike axle... its a split dual drive axle... strange looking... BUT ITS VERY GOOD FUNCTIONING!!

img1715n.jpg

img1714f.jpg

img1713f.jpg

img1712d.jpg

img1711g.jpg

img1710ih.jpg

img1709kw.jpg

img1708pz.jpg

img1707uf.jpg

are you looking for a setup something like this:
mbp_trike_16.JPG

Only with a wider front wheel.