Electra "Wolfgang" finally turns into carriage! NEW PICS P.4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...thats 10 minutes after i bought it... new Tires and shortened fenders..
neuk.jpg

...two weeks later i changed the colour to matte black...
35249677.jpg

...the last status before the stretching and welding...
img0396b.jpg

img0395xn.jpg

...and thats the momentary status..its stretched and has a new "motorcycle" fork... i hope i get it running till 6th of february for the famous german "Eisbein cruise"
the concept will be something like an old hearse...maybe with some steam punk elements...

... after stretching the downtube... a friend holds the rest of the frame...
20328763.jpg

...welding the fork with a new steerer from a chinese Springer fork...
still need inforcement with a M10 bar and som big washers and nuts..
g25z.jpg

28870690.jpg

...building some parts for the frontened... a friend now called the "sparker"
54945405.jpg

...an evil smile... but the frame is almost finished... in the former BB, a new shifter will find its place...
15085236.jpg

schaltung.jpg

...a first mpression of how te "wood tank" will look like... we still need a lot of brass
designsk.jpg

17135572.jpg

... this will be my two taillights... the go directly above the rear dropouts...
!B-vG2(w!Wk~$(KGrHqN,!g8EzegYPUbEBM9kjGmd8w~~_12.JPG

maybe in brass or in matte black... i will see
...and this are the planned rims for the bike 26"x80mm with some Schwalbe Crazy Bobs tires... :D
felgen2.jpg

and the carbid lamp will find its place again in the front... now with extra bright LEDs..
test11.jpg

Re: Electra Ghostrider (2005) to "Wolfgang"

really liking the way that fork came out! :mrgreen: is it from a moped or just a small displacement motorcycle?

the fork is from a 1950s-1960s Zündapp Combinette (an old 98ccm motorcycle), a gift from a friend... today i drilled the holes through the fork to reinforce it with an M8 beam and some brass washers with witchhat nuts also in brass... looks much saver now!!! And i feel saver too! :oops:

also cut the woodtanksides...just need to get them plane and same size... :?

the scrolls are made by my father in law... its his main job... :D

...there are only some minor problems left... so the springs i have for the fork are not the same... i have 3 different sizes :( ... so i need to look for some new ones...

:shock: dood! that thing is sick!!! I cant wait to see it all done, its gonna be evil!!

Tibor said:
i hope i get it running till 6th of february for the famous german "Eisbein cruise"

The famous german Eisbein cruise is on the 5th of february :roll: . You should hurry up.

Darn...on the 5th... :shock: i only know its a saturday...
i think my friends will help me soon... building my wheels (vitag)...and building a custom handlebar (Wolfgang)... painting will be only temporary for the cruise a matte black and some brass colour... and i hope i shoot the two springs on the bay today!...if not it will drive without springs too!

today we painted the whole bike in the first matte black coat...tomorrow i'll do the golden outlines on the rims and the fork as well as the scrolls... the i'll bring the rims to a friend who will build my wheels with a Sachs 3 Speed in the back and a wide BMX hub in the front... maybe ill have the time to build the little midget candle lights in the back... so the bike will run next week...

...i still need to build the gear shifter...maybe for the cruise on the 5t of february an old Simplex will take its place...

so pics will follow tomorrow...

:shock:

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Latest posts

Back