Electra Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Recently i bought this Electra Rat Rod and instantly fell in love with it. It has its rust in some places, but i dont mind that.
ElectraRatRod_zpsk5obxd5h.jpg

I changed out the tires for white walls, Thick Brick reartire and Electra Cruiser Hotster fronttire and the standard chain for a red one:
photo_zps7k4lpl90.jpg

In another forum post i saw this ubercool shifter from HBBC and i just had to have it so i bought a set:
75C5355F-E729-44D4-B856-96A8DCB834A8_zpsjrqzlxnh.jpg

i have the mount for it also but not a picture of it.

I was only thinking of using this set but then i remembered i bought this shifter knob for my car, i think about 9 years ago and i was happy i still had it. It does weigh a bit though, about 400 grams so i am not sure if it will hold in place but ill see what happens:

DFF7E14A-BB71-41A0-ADFC-AC9AAB77BAD0_zpsts7zyyrc.jpg

Obviously i still have to mount it to the bike, but i have to shorten the cable for it first.

After i mounted all this on my bike, its time for me to think about a light solution.. i do not like the battery powered lights.. at least, i do like the lights itself but not how its powered, the previous owner attached 2 bullet lights on the rear and i just love those.
_85_zpsh9vjan0t.jpg

But they use a small button battery so i would like to change that also.. I have seen some solutions on the web but i havent found one that i like.. If you guys have a good idea for them, im all ears.

Let me know what you think of it so far :)

I tried to install the shifter today to see what would be the best place for it, i already know i wont be installing the huge knob on top of it. It would look too bulky. Ofcourse i still have to do some work on the cable.. but hey, thats called a work in progress, right :)
IMG_1989_zpseo04lqlx.jpg

some more pictures:
IMG_1987_zpsibhen5yq.jpg

I actually used Plastidip on the Bell? (not sure Bell is the correct word, lol) I think it came out nice.
IMG_1990_zpsd2duyx8x.jpg

The overall result so far:
IMG_1986_zpsrkvsft9a.jpg

Next... i am going to disconnect the front brake, for it damages the paint on the frontwheel. The result is that i end up with a clean handlebar. And then if the weather works with me, i am going to paint the wheels itself..

Update coming soon :D

I just thought about this.. Since 2 out of 3 bikes in the Netherlands seem to be Cargo-bikes/Beachcruisers these days with crates in the front, i am playing with the idea to somehow paint my crate.. it doesnt need to shout out with the colors but something discrete.. If you look closely at it, you will see it... something like that.

If you have any ideas for me, that would be appreciated :)

Yeah exactly, this is just a tryout to see how it would look like and where I felt most comfortable placing it. I think the location is a good one so I can shorten the cable now and run it directly to the back as you said [emoji16]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Good looking ride [emoji1303]where did you find the tail lights. I could use one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These lights were installed by the previous owner but they are exactly in the right spot I think. They are battery powered. I just searched on Google for bulletlights but the only one I could find were the 12v versions.. I do know they are out there somewhere. If I find them I will let you know [emoji1]

Thanks man I will save that sight for future builds , there is some great choices on there . I ended up making one out a mine LED & some spare parts .
fb5b3c2e2913124ec7f84bf4f19e1b6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome, your led light looks cool also!

Latest posts

Back