Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hammond Eggz - That's a beautiful Amsterdam. I was just looking at that in the catalog today and admiring that red paint. 8)

Hammond Eggz said:
Has anyone tried to peel the graphics off of one of these?
I'm specifically interested in whether the 8-ball would come off the side of the Straight 8...

I stopped to check out a Straight 8 the other day when riding past my LBS. That 8-ball logo is paint.

Ah, thanks. I haven't seen one in person yet (other than being ridden past me), so thanks for the info!

blacksheep said:
Hammond Eggz - That's a beautiful Amsterdam. I was just looking at that in the catalog today and admiring that red paint. 8)
" im lovin it" !!!...
is it pearl red or just metalic red?...

Thanks - I'd say just metallic, but with some intense flake in it, especially in sunlight. A really impressive quality paint job. I wish the colour had come out better in the pics, it's much more cherry/burgundy than it looks here.
The coolest thing is that she's now as interested in riding as I am -

OK, couldn't help myself after the fun my wife was having with hers.
Besides, I'm a sucker for a new bike any old time anyway! :mrgreen:

023-3.jpg

And it's kind of rat-roddish, right??? :wink:

Hammond Eggz said:
I'm specifically interested in whether the 8-ball would come off the side of the Straight 8...

yup, it's under the paint....... so i just striped right over it like it wasn't there :? mine is almost 3 years old and the paint was still in good shape (for lugging it on the train) i'll paint it later :wink:
100_1706.jpg

100_1693.jpg

go get one. it's a smooth ride, and the 3spd is nice 8)

Electra Rat Rod

IMG00083-20090913-1446.jpg

New tires, stem, bars, seat, frame insert, and suicide shift 3 speed. More to come in the future. Still not finished. Going to add some text to the wooden frame insert and change the rear fender to a bobbed fat fender with ducktail. Thought Id share...

I had a few pics up earlier in this thread, but I changed my photo hosting and they're gone now. Here are our family's Electras. Hoping to pick up an Electra for my wife in the spring.

Mom's Townie 3
electra_townie.jpg

Dad's New Belgium Fat Tire Cruiser
dad_fat_tire.jpg

Dad's Indy
dad_indy.jpg

My Deluxe Relic
100_0277_61ar.jpg

theVULTURE said:
Hammond Eggz said:

yup, it's under the paint....... so i just striped right over it like it wasn't there :? mine is almost 3 years old and the paint was still in good shape (for lugging it on the train) i'll paint it later :wink:
100_1706.jpg

100_1693.jpg

go get one. it's a smooth ride, and the 3spd is nice 8)

You better say you carry beers in that cute basket.

what else would it be for?..... 12 cold ones fit in there quite nicely, I might add :wink:

besides, that HUGE head tube looks kinda weird........ :?

Here's a couple of shots of our Townies. Both 3 speeds. My wife's Art (moo-moo or Bessie) has a freewheel instead of a coaster brake, which is cool. I'd steal it from her but my frame isn't tapped for rear rim brakes. Replaced stock tires 2.0 tires for 2.125 Kenda Flames, and the stock bars for a really nice cruiser bar from my Black Bike. Mine (Matte Red) has a set of Bontrager Hank slicks and shortened stock bars. Got more in store for it. Thinking about a 8spd Nexus hub, and.....anyway, here they are:
DSC03792.jpg

DSC03787.jpg

I'm diggin' that matte red paint - and the Redline Bontragers are a great matching touch! Nice! 8)

Hammond Eggz said:
I'm diggin' that matte red paint - and the Redline Bontragers are a great matching touch! Nice! 8)

Thanks Hammond Eggz. I'm tryin'. :wink:

MWSCOOTERS said:
respb.jpg
2006 "Rockabilly" Bought new sept 27,2009, Lovin it! Just changed the bars,old skool grips, rat fink bell...

Where were you able to find a red primer Rockbilly that hadn't yet been sold? If I understand correctly, that was discontinued for ;08 and replaced by the matte sand version, which lasted a year (My LBS still has an '08 in matte sand)?

This was the model that made me want an Electra, but I fell instantly in love with my Boney Finger when I saw it in the shop. However, a friend who has a red Rockabilly like yours las had his in my garage since July, and I'm hoping he would let it go for a decent price. It's a sweet bike, and my wife likes riding it more than her Nirve Hello Kitty (of course!) although she's hesitant to admit it.

BarnesTO said:
MWSCOOTERS said:
respb.jpg
2006 "Rockabilly" Bought new sept 27,2009, Lovin it! Just changed the bars,old skool grips, rat fink bell...

Where were you able to find a red primer Rockbilly that hadn't yet been sold? If I understand correctly, that was discontinued for ;08 and replaced by the matte sand version, which lasted a year (My LBS still has an '08 in matte sand)?

This was the model that made me want an Electra, but I fell instantly in love with my Boney Finger when I saw it in the shop. However, a friend who has a red Rockabilly like yours las had his in my garage since July, and I'm hoping he would let it go for a decent price. It's a sweet bike, and my wife likes riding it more than her Nirve Hello Kitty (of course!) although she's hesitant to admit it.

I found it at Nokomis bike shop mpls Mn, they have everything, they have a green rat fink with orange rims too. Also found my favorite other bike kustom kruiser deuce the same weekend in a hotrod shop where it sat, never ridin just dispalyed, what a weekend! Thanks Greg
111sp.jpg

Latest posts

Back