Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manu20 said:
Can i ask what kind of paint have you used to cover the stripes of your white wall tires?
I asume it does not stay for long... how often do you have to redo the painting? I'm looking to do the same on my RS. :)

I think he didn't paint white wall tires.
You just have to buy
red wall tires, like the ones in the link below.
http://classic-cycle.de/Alle/Cruiser-Ba ... x-559.html

Hello all, newly joined. I just picked up a Straight 8. I saw one and it slapped me about the head and neck and insisted that I must procure it. I had no choice.. So far I'm new enough that I don't know about mods beyond changing out the saddle and pedals, I've only had the bike for 2-days and it's a welcome addition to my stable. Brooks B33 saddle and Ergon PD1 Pedals (not in pic) are all I have so far. Feels awesome and like a silly kid all over again. I need gears as I don't live in a flat environment but have never been fully content with the 'clack-clack-clacking' of IGH 3-speed hubs.(I've had SRAM i-Motion 3 and Shimanos b4) But I do want the simplicity of a coaster brake so I'll find peace with it...unless someone here knows of a silent (utterly silent like Alfine8 and Nuvinci silent) IGH w/ coaster brake? Is there a 'holy grail' IGH with a coaster brake out there? Nexus 8 coaster? Any experience with it?

A few crumby pics..
IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

Neni said:
Hey when is the next electra group ride? Looks like fun! I'll post pix of my rides soon. Hint hint indy and ballon 8i.

The EBF group rides in San Diego are on the second Sunday of each month, but will be different in October due to Tour de Fat.
The most recent one was on Sept. 11, and info about the Oct. ride should be up within a week.
You can find info about group rides and post pics of your bikes at http://www.electrabikeforums.com
Sometimes an Electra employee comes along, but the website and group rides are not affiliated with Electra Bike Company rides.
Also, any bike is welcome. Sometimes our pal with a vintage Penny Farthing dons his tweeds and rides with us, kids ride BMX bikes, etc...

Moozh said:
Hello all, newly joined. I just picked up a Straight 8. I saw one and it slapped me about the head and neck and insisted that I must procure it. I had no choice.. So far I'm new enough that I don't know about mods beyond changing out the saddle and pedals, I've only had the bike for 2-days and it's a welcome addition to my stable. Brooks B33 saddle and Ergon PD1 Pedals (not in pic) are all I have so far. Feels awesome and like a silly kid all over again. I need gears as I don't live in a flat environment but have never been fully content with the 'clack-clack-clacking' of IGH 3-speed hubs.(I've had SRAM i-Motion 3 and Shimanos b4) But I do want the simplicity of a coaster brake so I'll find peace with it...unless someone here knows of a silent (utterly silent like Alfine8 and Nuvinci silent) IGH w/ coaster brake? Is there a 'holy grail' IGH with a coaster brake out there? Nexus 8 coaster? Any experience with it?

A few crumby pics..
IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

Cool ride.
I'm expecting delivery of the Nexus8 coaster brake hub today. It's going on my Dyno Moto 7 that I am overhauling. I'll let you know how it works. The hub on the bike now is a twelve year old 7 speed internal, and if it makes any click I've never heard it. How do you like the Brooks B33? My new one is sitting here at the desk. I need to get a post and shim to put it on the Dyno.

JWM

I purchased this Roackabilly at a reasonable price, but when she arrived she had more scratches and dings than I was comfortable with. After I thought about it for a while I figured I'd get my very first customization out of the way. Here she is after some new paint (powder coat), chain, a fender from my Sparker 3i, and some whitewalls. I was going to go with some black rims originally, but in the end the Rockabilly Red won me over. The color I went with on the bike is a deep bronze with very little flake and only 20% gloss - it's really starting to grow on me. 8)

P1020716.jpg

Here is my latest buildup - an 04 Rat Fink with a modern spin (pun intended). Hope you like it.
2011-10-23_17-07-45_741.jpg

2011-10-23_17-08-22_343.jpg

When I was building my last bike, I got frustrated with having nothing to ride and I came across this. So I bought it for my daily ride. I was determined to leave it alone, but couldn't resist getting rid of the huge (but comfy) saddle and fitting apes
IMG_0892small.jpg

Yup, that is cool. I'd like to try something with one of those myself.

Latest posts

Back