Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ViperZ said:
So I put some Super Lube (synthetic grease) on the front hinge are as well as on the threads of the bolt and rear spring studs where they enter the saddle. It's all super silent now!! Thanks!

Thanks for telling wich points to lube, my Hellbilly saddle (see picture above) also was squeaking like heck, after the lubing it is totally quiet. :D

Re: Electra pics

3370110419_661278c1f6_b.jpg

Where did you get the saddle from on the red bike? That thing looks comfy.

Re: Electra pics

1sikryd said:
Where did you get the saddle from on the red bike? That thing looks comfy.

As Ace pointed out, that was the stock seat for the Hellbilly. They are 11" wide, and they are quite comfortable. As far as I know, they are no longer available, but Electra does offer a few other seats based on this wide, low profile shape.

As you can see from these pics, the rear stitching was left long to form tassels, but it appears Ace's seat had been castrated. And yes, all my Electra seats had squeaked until I lubed them in the key areas, mostly the front clamp.

i-vPD8KVP-L.jpg

i-2H8hPgG-L.jpg

I've been a bad boy, brought home some more strays this weekend.The Revil and a Little Betty
IMG_0016cc.jpg

IMG_0017cc.jpg

IMG_0020cc.jpg

and hre is my squad of electra's
IMG_0025cc.jpg

Here's a couple pics of mine, which was just finished. It's a Townie 3 speed which I took apart, bought a bunch of new parts, had it powdercoated, and had some pros (my LBS) put it back together for me.

qysroh.jpg

fw3hpw.jpg

With my other ride:

99md69.jpg

5b1if5.jpg

ElectraLance said:
Here's a couple pics of mine, which was just finished. It's a Townie 3 speed which I took apart, bought a bunch of new parts, had it powdercoated, and had some pros (my LBS) put it back together for me.

qysroh.jpg

Hey, ElectraLance..........I'm so glad you posted pics of your Townie. I also have a Townie with the 1st gen frame, and was always curious to see how triple tree forks would look, on it. I like it! I'm curios about the top end on yours, though. It looks like some sort of spacer was used?

And, where did you get the double kickstand? Is that the one Electra used to put on some of their Townies, a while back, or is it after market?

Here's my Townie. I just recently converted it from a 3 speed to a Nexus 7 speed. I added the Electra stubby fenders and replaced the goofy stock handlebars with mini apes.

i-5cnBKCP-L.jpg

Rooski said:
ElectraLance said:

Hey, ElectraLance..........I'm so glad you posted pics of your Townie. I also have a Townie with the 1st gen frame, and was always curious to see how triple tree forks would look, on it. I like it! I'm curios about the top end on yours, though. It looks like some sort of spacer was used?

And, where did you get the double kickstand? Is that the one Electra used to put on some of their Townies, a while back, or is it after market?

Here's my Townie. I just recently converted it from a 3 speed to a Nexus 7 speed. I added the Electra stubby fenders and replaced the goofy stock handlebars with mini apes.

i-5cnBKCP-L.jpg

Really like your Electra rooski! I am a fan of apes, which I may go for, and am trying to get the chainguard for mine - I originally bought a 1950's NOS one off ebay, but it didn't fit.

On the spacers, yes there are two used - the triple tree fork was 12 inches long, so this was needed (I guess they could have cut it a few inches, but I like how it ended up. The kickstand was aftermarket, here it is - "M-Wave Steel Double Leg Side Bicycle Kickstand" $16 from Amazon. Seems very sturdy, and it doesn't get in the way.

ElectraLance said:
.......and am trying to get the chainguard for mine - I originally bought a 1950's NOS one off ebay, but it didn't fit.

You're gonna have a hard time finding a non stock chainguard to adapt to that frame. You may have to just get a stock one. It looks like the 2nd gen Townies use the same chainguard, and if it helps in your search, the chainguard from my Hellbilly is the same as the one on my Townie, so if you come across one from a Straight 8, or similar, it will fit. The last time I checked, Electra sells the chainguards for about $30 plus ship, but you have to call them to purchase one. The current Straight 8's are painted in black satin, so if you bought a Straight 8 guard, it may already match your paint, and would be plug and play.

And, thanks for the lead on the kickstand!

Here's my Electra, which was the first nice bike I ever bought....
m_d3f7a0e4d590fbfdc16e6f701739edc4.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

Here's pics of the Electra row at the 1st annual ECWT Bicycle Show, which just happened last month......
bikeshowandfixievids025-1.jpg

bikeshowandfixievids026.jpg

bikeshowandfixievids024.jpg

bikeshowandfixievids023.jpg

Re:

!markos said:
Here's my Rockabilly Boogy, almost finished..

MR_5236DMA.jpg

I'm LOVING this Rockabilly redux. My LBS has had a 2008 Rockabilly in Matte Sand sitting on the floor since 2008 and I've got a few ideas about what to do with it. I NEED something since some unsavory jerk STOLE my Boney Finger last week.... :(

Latest posts

Back