El Chiggins!

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
I'm with you, I cant even stay in an era. Parts are parts. :21:

Nice sweep to that frame..and horizontal drops. Lets see s'more.
More pics to come...
I've got a ladies Elgin frame with a seat tube that is broken at the BB. I may use the rear triangle with the front 2/3rds of this frame. It'd be a crazy stretch but I also have the peaked fenders and skirt guards, so it might be crazy cool... o_O

Carl.

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
I like this Carl. Are you going to cut the straight seat tube out and keep the Elgin curve? Going to look cool!
I think I'm going to cap the curved one smooth. The straight bar actually leans further back helping my long legs... My Rockin' Rollfast build had two posts with one capped and it looks ok, but they were parallel to each other. So far I have the the green curve tacked in where the BB was. I'm going to mount some wheels at each end and play with the tilt so it's not scraping at the pedals with a full size crank. Check this out... I have the skirt guards and peeked fenders for this green frame too. Should be cool, especially if I can get the Higgins chain guard to line up. (the Elgin guard is ugly)

Carl.

Sent from my red wall phone with a touch-tone and curly cord.

Last edited:

Skipton

Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago IL.
www.facebook.com
I think I'm going to cap the curved one smooth. The straight bar actually leans further back helping my long legs... My Rockin' Rollfast build had two posts with one capped and it looks ok, but they were parallel to each other. So far I have the the green curve tacked in where the BB was. I'm going to mount some wheels at each end and play with the tilt so it's not scraping at the pedals with a full size crank. Check this out... I have the skirt guards and peeked fenders for this green frame too. Should be cool, especially if I can get the Higgins chain guard to line up. (the Elgin guard is ugly)

Carl.

Sounds like a winner Carl.

And the phone is cooler then I thought.

Sent from my 90’s flip Motorola RAZR VR3

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
So it's still in two pieces but I've done some reimagining. The angle between the two halves will likely change, but I've come up with an unusual way to connect at the top. I'm thinking of using two solid posts and welding them together. I also may have a fun chain guard mod but I need to find an exerciser sprocket.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Mar 7, 2013
Tucson, AZ

Carl.

What??? No dial?