Dyno???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me on this? Found an Evans that i was interested in and the owner said he also has this available. Only info he gave me was that he had it 20+ years and that it was "custom" built... whatever that means. Just wondering what it could be worth before i blindly go in to make an offer. I haven't been able to find a dyno that looks the same searching the internet.

Last edited:
IMG951148.jpg
IMG951151.jpg

Attachments

• IMG951152.jpg
    IMG951152.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG951150.jpg
    IMG951150.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG951149.jpg
    IMG951149.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 193
Yep, a Dyno, going by cranks, frame, handlebars and all. Is the head badge just a "D" or a plate with "DYNO"?

95-97 models have a plain D, 98 and later have a badge with DYNO on it. I haven't seen that paint scheme, but Dyno had various paint schemes. I had to look all over to find a match for my 97 model. The decal on the top tube is the correct font style for the word Dyno, so it may be original.

23435.JPG

If that is an early one, 95-97, the serial number's first 2 digits will give the year it was made.

DSCI0035.JPG

Last edited:
For value, if it's as good as it looks in the pics, I myself would go up to 200 bucks, but wouldn't let on that I wanted it that bad. And, getting the Evans at the same time might make for a package deal.
I'd like to see the Evans.

Custom may refer to dealer's options/upgrades, or those installed by an owner. For example, GT had their base model Dyno cruiser as well as a deluxe, and some special named models; they may have had different features over the few years.
I believe that fenders were not normally furnished with the base model GT Dyno Glide (1" uni-fork); the internally geared hub (multiple speeds) would be another option/upgrade, that I can see. Deluxe models had fenders, as well as a springer fork, but were also single-speed. Seat looks to be a replacement; closer matching Velo seats are available (~$40?). Later Deluxe models, like that tri-color also shown, also may have had pleated seats and moto-grips as deluxe features.
The two-tone black/white may be an older model, the pictures do hot show the front of the head tube very well (decal or aluminum badge). The two-tone grips also suggest an earlier (relative) make, ~97(?).
Custom (sic) may also simply refer to the GT Dyno Kustom Kruiser, as shown in GT Dyno Kustom Kruisers Katalogs of ~20 years ago (with sensational spelling).
A multi-speed model with fenders may command a greater price; other plusses - some people prefer non-red rims and low-maintenance painted forks.

Last edited:
It looks like an early ultra glide. The Watson style scallops appear on the later models as well. However, the torpedo grips came on the glide. Is that a 4 speed internal hub? It's a bike shop bike, so they could have swapped the fenders, grips and hub. Custom touches was built into the hotrod style of the bike line. I would add that to my Dyno collection for $200.- even if it meant I could not feed my dog for a day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this the same model?
Same make (G.T. Dyno, Santa Ana/Taiwan); same product-line (Kustom Kruisers); not quite the same "model". The B&W bike does not have a springer fork, or the aftermarket front caliper brake (not sure how well that would work).
...an early ultra glide
As well as the tank, I believe that the ultra glides at one time may have once been furnished with 1-1/8" forks, 1-1/8" piston stems, simpler (2-bend) chain guards, and, similar to the Deluxe models - pleated seats and upgraded grips. Because of the big tanks between the top tube and cantilevers, a decal would not have been placed on the top tube.

Latest posts

Back