DYNO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've been watching this CL post for months, looking at the yellow and black Dyno. It showed up again, so I contacted the owner. I was afraid it would be an "all or nothing" deal, but agreed to sell the bike for 30 bucks. So, Saturday I go get it. I hope the rims are straight, but the bare frame alone is worth 30 to me. Maybe the paint is pretty good too. I didn't expect to see a Dyno over here for sale.

00E0E_hB2LIa2f8L5_1200x900.jpg

You sure that's a dyno ? I kno you need a lot of help identifying bikes .

Taxi? Did Dyno have names for their paint schemes?

I better take some extra cash. I hope to find a 3 speed w coaster hub for some reason.

Taxi? Did Dyno have names for their paint schemes?

I better take some extra cash. I hope to find a 3 speed w coaster hub for some reason.
i think just on the taxi. i have seen them say taxi and i have seen them just say glide deluxe. the ones that say glide deluxe came in yellow and white. most taxis i have seen were 24 inch. dyno only made 3 mens frames. the moto glide, the glide and the roadster. moto glide is also the deuce frame but with tabs for the roller breaks and nexus 4 speed. the roadster is the stretch one. the glide frames were the basic glides, glide deluxe, mooneyes, taxi, von franco. no records were kept or they were lost with gt after the 2 buy outs. 98 and 01. the manufacturing plants were changed several times from 99 till the end. 95-98 all had the year it was made in the serial number. first run of dynos under their new owners started off with 99. the first run 99s were not that great, that same year the serial number started with a W. pre99 dynos had a D decal. some time in 98 the decal was replaced with an aluminum head badge. other then that, its hard to tell when or were a dyno was made.

Great score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully it'll still be there. Of course it's been there for 5 months so i'm not worried, hope to find a few more things there I can afford. I looked at the other pic, it's got a D instead of a head badge, an early model!

00Z0Z_1k3yRQzqaD0_600x450.jpg

These old Dynos are awesome. The lines especially the dropouts have some great symmetry! These and some of the old Electra cruisers are my favorite bikes!

It went better than well! I got to ride the highway up the west coast of Oahu to boot.
The Dyno is a 97 and doesn't have a kickstand, maybe that's what the bracket is under the BB. Some of the checkerboard trim has faded from years in the sun, but the yellow and black seem to be good. I'll know for sure when I clean up the frame.
The owner threw in another bike I looked at free of charge. It had a Micargi seat, but I don't know enough about them to know if it's one of them. It looks like a big frame, maybe 20". I'll probably get it running and sell it. I also saw a rear wheel and a couple tires, so for 5 bucks more, I had 2 bikes and a rear wheel, and 2 tires that may or may not be good.

The Dyno looks original, even got the original reflectors. Missing stem and handlebars and seat. It looks like the rear wheel has never been removed.

DSCI0071.JPG

DSCI0069.JPG

DSCI0075.JPG

DSCI0078.JPG

The extra rear wheel is something I've never seen the brake side is dished way in on the hub. Made for a trike or something?
DSCI0077.JPG

Last edited:
Pretty good deal you got, dig the dyno.
But, if you decided to part the blue bike; I'd go for the fork.

It looks like a generic fork, nothing special. Shipping is a killer over here, but we'll see what I decide to do. Not sure yet.

It looks like a generic fork, nothing special. Shipping is a killer over here, but we'll see what I decide to do. Not sure yet.

Looks like a BMX fork. Would go nice on a BMX build with 26 inch tires. I'd keep the bike and go in that direction.

Looks like a BMX fork. Would go nice on a BMX build with 26 inch tires. I'd keep the bike and go in that direction.

The handlebar stem looks BMX too. It might be used for the annual build off. The Dyno will just be restored to original if I can.

I remember Ratrod's threads where he went though and cleaned each part painstakingly with great results. I'm going to try that with this Dyno. I need just a few parts for an original bike.

Latest posts

Back