Dyno Roadster help.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I have a Dyno Roadster stretch cruiser that I am wanting to make a little bit more mine but I am unsure of certain sizes that I might need.
1. I want to put a different sprocket and crank set on but I am unsure of what kind of crank to get. I was looking at this one but I am unsure if it will fit http://www.motostrano.com/Vuelta-Pista- ... 52-370.htm.
2. I am wanting to put a Nexus 3i wheel set on but I don't know if I will have to get a different size chain or not for it.
3. I want to change out the stem with a 4 bolt style like on a bmx but I don't know the stem size.

Thanks in advance for your help Scott.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Will a three piece bottom bracket conversion help with problem #1? I found this one on here.

ebyty2a5.jpg

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

The chain will remain the same if you use the sprocket off the Dyno wheel, yes they will interchange.

And this is a 4-bolt quill stem on another bike. These are both 1" threaded forks but there are two inside diameters commonly. 22.2mm and 25.4mm. Mine are both the larger one.

stem03.jpg

They look cool with the right lights, bags, ectra.
I use BMX 3 piece cranks, look on craigslist for old mongoose, GT, Haro, and Redline bmxs, find them for 25$ to 50$ needing to be fixed, scrap them for parts, stems, seat post, brakes, headsets, BB, and pads.

I'm not sure if the roadster has the same specs as the glide, but when I changed out the one piece cranks for a standard one piece set, the crank hit the kickstand. It wasn't even close, about an inch different, so I had to use the Dyno cranks with a different sprocket.

Thanks guys. That stem looks nice I might get one like that. Oh and thanks for the info on the crank.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back