• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dyno Roadster for sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Dyno Roadster - one of the early red ones with no stamped serial number, just a sticker on the BB. I imported mine from CA to Indianapolis because they are few and far between in this part of the country. The first thing you have to realize when you are talking Dynos and Micargis (I have some of each) is that the Dynos used quality parts throughout just like they did on their BMX Bikes. Micargis however just use pretty parts but not good quality. I had to replace the stem immediately because it wouldn't tighten down on the bars, the seat post rotates easily and I bent the frame of the saddle just sitting on it. BUT, I only paid $175 for it NEW from a local guy that buys "stuff" by the semi load. I was thinking the same thing - gonna RatRod this thing pulling off fenders and chain guard and started changing parts.

Now the Dyno did have an issue that didn't work for me. BTW - a Dyno will haul a fat butt - I got one of those too. But I did score 2 Persons 12" wide 3 spring saddles a few years ago - much more comfortable on the fat butt. So our cruiser club was tooling around Indy one night and as usual I was bringing up the rear not because I can't keep up but I figure it's safer for everybody if I guard our backs - what driver is intentionally going to run into a guy big as a cow? So we're cruising down the sidewalk and I wasn't paying attention and missed the handicap ramp at an alley and went down off a curb - bent the stays up an inch or so. If you've ever looked closely at a Roadster rear end you'll notice the stays do not oppose each other - they are close to parallel and easier to bend. That bike is still in storage waiting for a new rear end I redesigned.

I had no trouble riding the bike the first time probably because it's a more natural way to ride for me - I like feet the forward approach to frame building. Climbing hills and just pouring it on down the flats my back does almost all of the work and it's a more comfortable position for me to ride in than bent over a road bike.

There was mention of the price of this bike. I think Dynos are a good investment - their frames are well built much like the frames Cleveland Welding built (my other passion). I like a solid feeling frame underneath me. But I think a Roadster is more apt to be worth $500 if it is all original and in excellent shape. It's kind of like the original paint on a classic bike - once it's gone there's no going back and then it's just another "custom". But make no mistake they will always be worth about 3 times as much as a Micargi - and I like my Micargi!

In conclusion if you don't like a purple colored bike that is so dark it almost looks black by all means customize it to your own liking. Everyone has their own idea about whether to keep a bike original or RatRod it but just the mere fact that a whole crap load of people enjoy doing SOMETHING with bikes should put us all on the same page - McCrappy or not. I've got all types of different bikes just to fit my different moods and some are stock and some are custom. And a piece of advice - hang onto your bikes. They are going to come in real handy the day the lights go out.

I have a Dyno Roadster - one of the early red ones with no stamped serial number, just a sticker on the BB. I imported mine from CA to Indianapolis because they are few and far between in this part of the country. The first thing you have to realize when you are talking Dynos and Micargis (I have some of each) is that the Dynos used quality parts throughout just like they did on their BMX Bikes. Micargis however just use pretty parts but not good quality. I had to replace the stem immediately because it wouldn't tighten down on the bars, the seat post rotates easily and I bent the frame of the saddle just sitting on it. BUT, I only paid $175 for it NEW from a local guy that buys "stuff" by the semi load. I was thinking the same thing - gonna RatRod this thing pulling off fenders and chain guard and started changing parts.

Now the Dyno did have an issue that didn't work for me. BTW - a Dyno will haul a fat butt - I got one of those too. But I did score 2 Persons 12" wide 3 spring saddles a few years ago - much more comfortable on the fat butt. So our cruiser club was tooling around Indy one night and as usual I was bringing up the rear not because I can't keep up but I figure it's safer for everybody if I guard our backs - what driver is intentionally going to run into a guy big as a cow? So we're cruising down the sidewalk and I wasn't paying attention and missed the handicap ramp at an alley and went down off a curb - bent the stays up an inch or so. If you've ever looked closely at a Roadster rear end you'll notice the stays do not oppose each other - they are close to parallel and easier to bend. That bike is still in storage waiting for a new rear end I redesigned.

I had no trouble riding the bike the first time probably because it's a more natural way to ride for me - I like feet the forward approach to frame building. Climbing hills and just pouring it on down the flats my back does almost all of the work and it's a more comfortable position for me to ride in than bent over a road bike.

There was mention of the price of this bike. I think Dynos are a good investment - their frames are well built much like the frames Cleveland Welding built (my other passion). I like a solid feeling frame underneath me. But I think a Roadster is more apt to be worth $500 if it is all original and in excellent shape. It's kind of like the original paint on a classic bike - once it's gone there's no going back and then it's just another "custom". But make no mistake they will always be worth about 3 times as much as a Micargi - and I like my Micargi!

In conclusion if you don't like a purple colored bike that is so dark it almost looks black by all means customize it to your own liking. Everyone has their own idea about whether to keep a bike original or RatRod it but just the mere fact that a whole crap load of people enjoy doing SOMETHING with bikes should put us all on the same page - McCrappy or not. I've got all types of different bikes just to fit my different moods and some are stock and some are custom. And a piece of advice - hang onto your bikes. They are going to come in real handy the day the lights go out.
I really like the way this one looks if i had the cash it would be here in Ohio[emoji1] [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back