Dyno Bike pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres mine. Picked it up at a garage sale last weekend. Does anyone have an idea on the year of the bike? Thanks-Swanny
These came out in 2000 -2002. Originally came with rims the same color as the stripes on the chainguard. Should say Dyno Deluxe on the top tube, also had fenders in same color as the bike. One way to tell early and late bikes is the headbadges and if the kickstand is bolted on or part of the frame, like the schwinns. Your bike looked like this from the factory:
upload_2014-10-19_18-50-7.jpeg

Been lurking here awhile. Recently picked up a rust bucket Moto Glide. So far I have taken the bike apart, cleaned & repacked the hub bearings, cleaned & re-lubed Nexus 4 speed hub and sand blasted & primed the front fork. Next up is cleaning and re-lubing the roller brakes. I have been unsure about the rebuild direction until I saw this Black Dyno on the interweb last night.

Last edited:
Time to make some room in the collection. Put 4 of my Dyno's up on CL in the Sf bay area. Would like to keep it local, so if you live in Nor Cal, take a look. Selling a Dyno Matic, Mooneyes, Deuce and Ultra Glide. See my gallery for photos of these bikes.

DSC00656-2.jpg
I think my tank is the same as shown on Page 2 of this thread, "Somebody say Dyno". There was a time not too long ago when nos Dyno frames showed up on ebay and one day this tank was listed.

Hi, my name is John and I am a first time Dyno owner. Lol. I just picked up my first Dyno Coaster. I had to get some holes filled in on the frame where so idiot drilled holes to mount a banana seat or I would post pictures. But the numbers on the top left of the bottom bracket are YC95000602 as best I can tell. It has the D on the back behind the seat and the headtube has the D with the pinstripe diamond sticker on it. On the top tube it says Dyno-Coaster and the chain guard has the white pinstriping and D near the crank. From my understanding that would make it a 1995/6 Dyno Coaster? Is this correct? The previous owner "creatively engineered" it to be a trike and I was wanting to bring it back to being a 2 wheeler more along the lines of original but just wanted to see what I had so I could figure out decals etc. Thanks for any input you can give.

Last edited:
Here's my rehabbed Moto Glide

Dyno3_zpsadfa5b32.jpg

Can somebody take a look at their Nexus 4 speed hub? Do the red lines line up in 3rd or 2nd gear? I have it in 3rd and noticed I have no 4th gear.

Dyno4_zpsb5153536.jpg

Found it, Sheldon Brown knows "Adjustment is made with the shifter in 4th gear for the 4, 7- and 8-speed hubs"... Awesome, now I have all 4 gears.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back