duo-flex roadmaster.. DUO-FLEXMASTER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 and +2 on leaving the wheels chrome. Those are cool rims on their own and I the chrowm looks to be in great shape.

kingfish254 said:
+1 and +2 on leaving the wheels chrome. Those are cool rims on their own and I the chrowm looks to be in great shape.
thanks kingfish, i'm leaving them alone now.. by the way, thanks again for those tips, i'm sorry i overlooked that part where the coaster arm brace attaches to, i thought i corrected it but i'm wrong. the springer arm won't budge the natural way, only a little. so i removed the brace and then sat on the bike and the springer moved a lot, lot, lot better, it does it function well without the brace! so i made another bracket that attaches to the springer arm and whalah! the springer works well now. might post some pics in the coming days. i have not yet remove the bolt that holds the springer arm. will do it the next few days. i also need to drill another hole in the coaster arm. even if the seat doesn't have foam, it doesn't hurt my butt now. and definitely rides a lot better, its like a floating bike! i guess that's what it feels like with your Flexy too. thanks for the tips. really helped alot.

Glad to share some of the design challenges that I had with you. There are a lot of moving parts to think about. You have done a great job on your own flavor of a rear suspension and it's really cool seeing it take shape. I wonder who will build the next rear springer bike? Someguy83 suggested another take of a rear suspension on Jakes Public Enemy build. Kinda a NEXTy Flexty.

Hey, there are at least two of us now. I wonder if we should start a "Show us your rear suspension bikes" Gallery page. :p :D

bon said:
freddyfingaz said:
Beautiful work! Thank for giving me some idea to modification rear suspension for my spyder. :idea:

glad to share the idea man. enjoy your build. :D

Cool we need more rear suspension builds. Just remember FLEXY IS SEXY!!!! Whether it is Flex-Liner or Flexmaster or FlexSpyder!!!! FLEXY IS SEXY!!! :p 8)

Re: duo-flex roadmaster..

This is a cool looking build. It's a great bike to start with and a nice low key rear suspension that nicely matches the front suspension. Awesome fab skills. Welding is hard :lol: ! I've been commiserating with other beginning welders about it on other threads. So long as it holds, right?

kingfish254 said:
That is part of what this site is about. We are all part of this big creative collective mega brain.

Kingfish, that is really good for me to hear. I usually feel kinda like I'm poaching others ideas, but if we're a collective mega brain then they get recycled and added to through me.

That makes it a good thing to take others ideas and add to them or change them, yes?

jackdaw said:
This is a cool looking build. It's a great bike to start with and a nice low key rear suspension that nicely matches the front suspension.

kingfish254 said:
That is part of what this site is about. We are all part of this big creative collective mega brain.

Kingfish, that is really good for me to hear. I usually feel kinda like I'm poaching others ideas, but if we're a collective mega brain then they get recycled and added to through me.

That makes it a good thing to take others ideas and add to them or change them, yes?

Jack, I agree that there is a great "balance" to the style of Flexmaster.

We borrow, hijack, poach, steal, share, give ideas on this site left and right. Nothing wrong with it and I think most people encourage it. It's part of the evolution of customizing. Even when you poach an idea, you still end up putting your flavor to it. Just think of everyone else as your R&D and run with it.

I agree with y'all guys. Sometimes, we need to see others work to kick start our creative.

I have a question is there somekind swivel bolts that preventing bars and plates be locked together and rubbing each other?

freddyfingaz said:
I agree with y'all guys. Sometimes, we need to see others work to kick start our creative.

I have a question is there somekind swivel bolts that preventing bars and plates be locked together and rubbing each other?

I used a new fangled item called a washer. :oops: :wink: :p
Sorry couln't resist, but that is what I used.

kingfish254 said:
freddyfingaz said:

I used a new fangled item called a washer. :oops: :wink: :p
Sorry couln't resist, but that is what I used.

Lol, I tried find this kind swivel bolt but no luck. I'm already started machining it. My idea is having two stainless bolt and facing off the hex heads to make it thin then center drill them and making bronze rods with grooved ends for lock ring to hold two bolt hex to hex heads and put bronze washer between bolt. Hopefully bronze rod will be strong enough. If not I guess I could make rod out of stainless steel.

jackdaw said:
This is a cool looking build. It's a great bike to start with and a nice low key rear suspension that nicely matches the front suspension. Awesome fab skills. Welding is hard :lol: ! I've been commiserating with other beginning welders about it on other threads. So long as it holds, right?

thanks jack, and yeah, as long as it holds :D :D

kingfish254 said:
jackdaw said:
This is a cool looking build. It's a great bike to start with and a nice low key rear suspension that nicely matches the front suspension.

kingfish254 said:

Jack, I agree that there is a great "balance" to the style of Flexmaster.

We borrow, hijack, poach, steal, share, give ideas on this site left and right. Nothing wrong with it and I think most people encourage it. It's part of the evolution of customizing. Even when you poach an idea, you still end up putting your flavor to it. Just think of everyone else as your R&D and run with it.

thanks guys, i'm really grateful for your appreciation. i was encouraged by Flexy and i hope others do. long live RRB. 8)

freddyfingaz said:

freddy, mine are special bolts.and a lot simplier. i had them machined. i'll post soon a picture coz its hard to explain but once you see it, you'll know. i'll have to break apart the rear suspension in the next few days. watch out for it. :)

Hey what about me? I did share some of the ideas? :D Hehehe,kidding aside Concratulation on this cool bike bro.
It looked good and it rides even better last Sunday,very hmmm Flexy :D Told you it's fun here at RRB...now lets
get your other bikes Rat-out! :wink:

Cherryboxx said:
Hey what about me? I did share some of the ideas? :D Hehehe,kidding aside Concratulation on this cool bike bro.
It looked good and it rides even better last Sunday,very hmmm Flexy :D Told you it's fun here at RRB...now lets
get your other bikes Rat-out! :wink:

thanks cherryboxx, lets rat 'em out!

Latest posts

Back