Driftwood Cruiser #1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I posted last week in a different part of this forum - here is the last pic of the raw wood bike. It will go into the finish booth this week. I built the frame from curly maple - does this qualify as "from scratch"? Look for more pics of the whole process once she is 100% complete. Look too for more one-off custom wood frames. The next will be longer and lower. Ride on.

Preston

IMG_5931.jpg

dpbrown3000 said:
I built the frame from curly maple - does this qualify as "from scratch"?

Hmm...only if you cut the tree down yourself! :D Just kidding! To me this seems to be the perfect place to post what you're doing. And as I might have said before, that's a really cool bike!

Yep anything qualifies if you totally build the frame. Its not about what you use to build it. nice work.

Fellas (and ladies),

Here are some pics of the completed bike. I decided not to do a candy in my clear coat. This is 16 coats of 2K auto urethane. The pin striping was hand done after coat # 12 by the west coast legend - Gary Crisp. Thanks Adam and Gary! We will be starting bikes 2-4 this month. Hope all is well in Ratland.

Preston

0605201030.jpg

0605201024.jpg

0605201015.jpg

0605201028.jpg

Thanks fellas - the next bikes are in progress. pvwaco, glad you made it back safely. Let get together and ride! subadrew, yeah, this is the same bike you saw in Denver. It is the first and only Driftwood Cruiser as of now. Quite a scene there in Denver - Had a riot riding wit dem fools! If we could get half that many riders here I'd be stoked. Also,I am in the process of getting a "production" frame put together. Depending on the response, I may do a more traditional up-right geometry frame as well. Keep up with Driftwood Cruisers @ http://www.driftwoodcruisers.com - coming later this summer. Peace.

wow! is it lighter than a normal bike, being made of a lighter material?

Hey, I'm in Mesa. I want to check this thing out. We should do a bike cruise at second Fridays in downtown Mesa. It's a little less crowded than first Friday.

Yo fatkid, let's ride bro. My shop is at Broadway and Country Club - right by downtown - my e-mail is [email protected]. Hit me up and we'll go riding. Stretch, the frame is all Maple - actually pretty heavy for wood. The next bike will be Mahogany - should be more like 47-48 lbs. Rat on!

Wow that is sweet good job and it was good talking to you today but when were all in so Cal ill let you know so you can bring your bike out

Latest posts

Back