Dream

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok since I'm bored , I'm going to try this last one. This is how I start. I bend some tubing .
I know you will ask how much do your bend it? The deciding factor is I bend till
I get real tired and then quit. So each of these bends represents bending right up to I don't want
to bend anymore. Then I take a couple hoops and throw all of it on the floor and see if it looks
like a bike. This is what I have so far. I kinda know where I'm going and maybe all this junk will
get to there......maybe not. :shock:
DSCF0002-107.jpg

Yeah there is no telling where this one will go. Gonna be more of a how too.
Will have to move my cars because the other bender bolts to my driveway
and it takes most of it to do the rear triangle bends.

I guess never say never. I'm going to try one like you build Deven science. When I saw the picture the guy
posted on yours , I felt like I needed to do one too. I got the stays bent. Made them long not knowing
where they will go together in the back. Hopefully 30'' is long enough. :lol:
DSCF0001-117.jpg

I thought it was a cool bike, the first time that I saw it. The German builder named it "Halbert". Note what he used for a seat. :D (on his other stretcher, he used a complete one).
So good luck on this project and may the force be with you, Uncle Stretch.

jen2vt3m.jpg

I decided to drill a big hole in the top tube and run the seat post through it.
Like the German guy's build.
Thanks wimpy it a cool bike. Mine will look similar . I like how he did his forks. I bet it was
to move the tire forward to give the pedals more room.
DSCF0003-49.jpg

Please post pics of all your built from scratch bikes in one post so we can see all your aweome work

Well I messed up already. By putting the bend in the top tube , it won't let you
make the seat stay go to the back of the wheel. That one should have been straight
and it would work. May have to change my plan or go buy another piece of tubing. Shoot! :cry:

Yeah since I already have a tube bent , I will change and go with a regular triangle.
Since this frame style is already being built I will try something a little different.
Maybe I will get lucky. :shock: :shock:

wimpy said:
I thought it was a cool bike, the first time that I saw it. The German builder named it "Halbert". Note what he used for a seat. :D (on his other stretcher, he used a complete one).
So good luck on this project and may the force be with you, Uncle Stretch.

jen2vt3m.jpg

Is it the height of arrogance to say that I like my frame better than this German one? I think my lines flow better. It's a bit of a bummer to find out that my rear isn't as original as I thought it was, but overall, I'd take mine over this one.

You know, not counting that fact that everywhere I go, people are blown away that I built it.

Yeah yours look good. I like your top bar better. His being straight seems like to ,me
would make it sit really low. I would rather not build that style because with my top bar
being curved it would look too much like yours. I'm going to try to come up with something
a little different. Maybe I can pull it off. We will see tomorrow when I actually weld something.

My wife is a really good cook, and I don't mess with her kitchen. I'm not about
to disrupt her talents.
I need to build a kit and sell. Then you weld it together and build your own custom bicycle. :roll:

Well, I'm in the same position as yourself. Kinda. I don't have a shed either, where I could clown around with bikes.
And thus no welder, no tube bender, no aircompressor, etc.
And to avoid any hassle with the missus, the house is out of bounds. :mrgreen:
Doesn't stop me from dreaming, though. One day......

I have a 12x 24 shop that is all full of bikes and bike stuff. I tore down my storage shed.
I have all my benders...compressor...welder...polisher...table saw...band saw and lots
of other stuff in my shop. The bikes are in the way. I have 5 frames 4 complete bikes
25 wheels and lots of parts. All the parts..and bikes need to be in my new shed when
I get it built. I have decided to add on another 8' which will be just storage. Should
work out good.
DSCF0001-118.jpg

Ok just out of curiosity I decided to weld the front section together. I wanted to see what
it would look like. Its really long. If I build it and its not going to be ridden by Sasquatch , then
I will have to shorten it 4'' or so. I will probably finish it sometime.
DSCF0002-108.jpg

Latest posts

Back