Drag Stripper BIKE Psychedelic DRAGSTRIP Im done maybe ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, And Welcome to what will be my offical build off entry build called Psychedelic DRAGSTRIP... I figure I entered a JC Higgins Colorflow Balloon bike in a Muscle bike build off so its on par for me to enter a George Barris Designed Frame Dragstripper Muscle bike in a mostly Balloon bike build
Here are two before photos I would have taken others but I only decided to build this bike for the build off after I started on it. But they show the grime & rust pretty well.. :D
DSC00912.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

Heres where the Psychedelic DRAGSTRIP name comes from.. I also have some paint work to fix as you can see. ((Note : This Color on this bike is insanely rare ... )) Its also hard to match for touch ups..
DSC01715.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

The seat will cost me my Sonny & Cher Display.. :? But its worth it.. :D
DSC01719.jpg

Re: IVERSON Drag Stripper MUSCLE BIKE Psychedelic DRAGSTRIP

Peatbog said:
That seat is really cool. The blue in it even matches the blue in the bike. So it's double cool.

The sidecar bike is cool too. Looks like a bike-choice dilemma you got there.

Im considering making it a drive of side car like the Batcycle motorcycle go cart combo from the 1960s.. :D

Thank you.. The seat is a key to building this using the several parts that I have in mind ...
Peatbog said:
That seat is really cool. The blue in it even matches the blue in the bike. So it's double cool.

The sidecar bike is cool too. Looks like a bike-choice dilemma you got there.

I have no idea what the rear tube extends so far out .It must be for safety reasons ... :mrgreen: :lol:
Xcruiser said:
Didnt see that one coming.lol good deal!
Never understood the long overhang of the rear tube on Dragstrippers?But why question a good thing ya know.

tanksalot said:
I have no idea what the rear tube extends so far out .It must be for safety reasons ... :mrgreen: :lol:
Xcruiser said:
Never understood the long overhang of the rear tube on Dragstrippers?But why question a good thing ya know.

I think it's to discourage tailgaters! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: Especially if you put a roman candle in there!

I love that seat, It does make a great display piece! But I think it wants to be ridden on the Drag Stripper!! Going to be a cool bike!!

This is gonna be a cool build with that Peter Max like seat!!

Build the stripper, sidecars are overrated.

Remind me not to call your bike a stripper anymore. :oops:

tanksalot said:
Xcruiser said:

Nope, fartherst thing from safety. It's so your buddy on a skateboard can grab on to it and get "dragged"! My friend used to have one and he dragged me everywhere!

This will be a great build, Rg

Cool build that will compte with both yooth and peat!1

Something like this? But that second pic reminds me of the AGD (Not that there's anythign wrong with that).

imperious_rex.jpg

bcycle.jpg

Since you are using a Dragstripper and plan to have a go kart sidecar, maybe you should change the name to Stripper-a-Go-Go? :p

This color was a royal pain to match .. But I finally came really really close .I still have some blending & polishing to do but its well on its way paint wise. the bike didnt need to much touch up but what it did need was inportant to make the bike much nicer looking (( Mostly the sissy bar area the top tube near the sissy bar inserts .)) This was not a normal blue by any means !! The Crank & head set bearing have been cleaned & reinstalled also... Im very torn on the placement of the decals. They where farther back than any other dragstripper than Ive ever seen according to the gunk remants on the bike . But If I put them where they should be & where a old ad has them. They would be more correct & cover some of the well done touch ups nicely ..

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

Latest posts

Back