DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this bike, I decided to use black gel coat on the tank.
Here's half of it straight out of the mold...
100_6769_zpseec12ba6.jpg

100_6772_zps7a2cddae.jpg
As someone that has built many fiberglass molds and patterns, I can honestly say, nice job!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

It looks so simple now that you broke it down to 8 pics!!!!
Definitely one of the tip top artisans on RRB!!!!
Funny, that's the problem with all those 30 minute DIY tv shows. Thanks Brian for the props.:blush:

I was wondering when it was going to pop up in your build. So this will be the second one made in you new mold?
Yep, this is the second one. I'm more excited about it than the first one!

RM you get my vote for "Most Envied Builder".
Thanks for the vote!

As someone that has built many fiberglass molds and patterns, I can honestly say, nice job!! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks, this was my first. I have to say that it's a lot more involved than I thought going into it.

Above & Beyond! I would have been happy using the wood parts for the build.
That would've been much easier and faster, but now that there are molds, I can reproduce them.:)

I'm planning on offering them for sale in the near future. If anyone's interested, let me know!

Wow amazing build so far! I love the drag theme, you've nailed every detail so far. Please tell me you are gonna build some wheelie bars?! And you might want to look into a steering damper for the forks, you dont want to get a tank slapper at 150mph! :banana:

Let's talk after the build. I have a mint women's space liner frame hanging in the rafters in the shop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love that you though beyond just dazzling us with this build.
Goodies available later for those of us who don't have access to your turning and creation tools.
Certainly the site to access people with all sorts of great items to inspire us to build with just a little to start with.

Glad that ya'll are liking it! :)

Jasper, those are both good ideas. I've considered wheelie bars but I'm thinking that it might conflict with the traction bars. However, the steering damper is something to ponder.:39:

Ichoptop, I'll keep you informed on when I'll have the tanks available! I've got one set already spoken for by one of the other top builders here and would love to see what you could do with it too!!!:thumbsup:

Kroozerdave, I'd be glad to ship a set to Australia! ;)

Last edited:
This is the first comment I have made in this build-off and I only have one word to say: Wow!

I better grab a girl's spaceliner frame now, since the price will be headed up if you start selling those tanks.

Last edited:
What, who, how, holly cow! This is amazing!!!!! Full tilt wow!
That means a lot coming from you. I go to your gallery for inspiration! I wish I had a set of your trade mark wheel discs to use.:)

This is the first comment I have made in this build-off and I only have one word to say: Wow!

I better grab a girl's spaceliner frame now, since the price will be headed up if you start selling those tanks.

That's so cool, thanks!

It's not a matter of if I sell the tanks, I'm definitely planning to offer them for sale soon. I'm still working out the details with the company that I'm going to partner with for the glass work. These guys do fiberglass work on a daily basis, so they're equipped to make them much better and with better materials than I could on my own. Stay tuned!:)

Nice, great job with tank. I remember learning to do this in a college class many years ago. Never put the knowledge to use. Your process looks top notch?

Latest posts

Back