DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!....Looks like an illegitimate child, of a Bowden Spacelander and a Spaceliner, that was hidden in a barn for 60 years, because they were afraid the world was not ready for something that cool.

That's just sexy.
:blush:
Great job of keeping it cool. It's a hard thing sometimes.

Rg
I totally agree, don't want to jump any sharks.:)
WOW!....Looks like an illegitimate child, of a Bowden Spacelander and a Spaceliner, that was hidden in a barn for 60 years, because they were afraid the world was not ready for something that cool.
I love that description! Thanks!
I'm voting for you for sure this bike is bad butt. Paint came out perfect

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
I really appreciate the vote! I've still got more to do on the paint.
Beautiful bike with ultra cool lines,in my opinion you've won already!!:cool2::thumbsup:
Thanks! The girl's Spaceliner frames have much better lines than the boy's frames (in my opinion) and are generally over looked because of the step through. I'm hoping that my tanks will change that.:) There are a couple of top notch builders that have bought tanks already and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can do with them!

Ya know I did over a women's Spaceliner years ago for my mom in law that SHE NEVER USES:mad:!I might just try to get it back and match her up with my own that I'v had for 20 years now.I love the Spaceliner frames,their just to cool:cool2:
007.JPG

I'm trying to get this finished by next weekend so that I can shoot some of my final pictures then. So, I'm sort of bouncing from one thing to another as I can. Today I bounced back to the shifter and made a bracket for a heim joint to attach. The 'top hat' looking socket piece turned out to be too tall, so I had to cut it down first and then drilled and tapped it for the aluminum bracket. It ended up being a lot of work for such a small part.:rolleyes:
d72d0a4a-b26d-4754-9327-6368fd146f76_zps4dd1ab3a.jpg

Back to the tank. The rust looks great, but it needs a faint hint of the paint that would have been there when it was new. I mixed a couple of shades of metallic blue to match some of the surviving paint on the frame. An artist that I worked with years ago called this hypnotizing the colors. After it's done, you will not actually see much of the paint at all, but instead just small hints of color. The masking was to separate the two colors of blue.
Tankpaint_zps4a728162.jpg

Here's a look at the latest on the tank. After studying how paint fades and metal rusts naturally, I observed that it fades away from the top down which makes sense. Most of the blue that you see in this picture is on the underside of the tank and will barely be visible unless you bend down and look.

100_7477_zps007fd81e.jpg

I have them taped to the table for the next step which is silk screening the graphics. I'm having trouble with my photo emulsion, so I'm having to re-do the screen for the third time.:mad:

Yea its kind of to see faded bikes. And you nailed it they fade top down. You should see my Holiday Impala; the metallic red when it fades away leaves silver so the top is silver and underside is red.

Thanks guys, I have a little more rusting to do if I can ever get past the graphics.

Had yet another fail on burning the screen.:mad: There's not enough time today to try again before loading the drum kit and heading out to Birmingham this evening. I usually don't do much work on Sundays, but I'll probably at least try prepping the screen again.

I had a few extra minutes to add some decals that I made. The CalTracs traction bars are a bit more modern than the rest of the dragster, so I waved off the rust, kept the yellow zinc coated rod ends & grade 8 bolts and added the logo for a little more authenticity. The idea is to make it look like a more recent upgrade to an old dragster.

What do you think? Keep it or get rid of it and make it rusty?

100_7479_zpsf860f06d.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back