"Double Whammy" Mini Bike Dragbike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burn Out Video Please!
:D :D :D

WOW, Thanks guys!!!
Thank you Rat Rod for the cover story! That was quite a surprise!
Von Fink-I knew I would be called out on that.
Honestly, the video makes it look faster than it really was on the flyby (don't tell anybody :wink: ), believe me, I am a huge advocate of helmets and safety gear and your right, shoulda had a lid on even for that short clip. I haven't ran it up to hard yet because of the new engines and triple checking all the small stuff. When I do start to wind it up, I have a desolate road that I have used before and a full leather race suit, gloves, boots and a full face helmet.
I do have to work on Monday.
Here is last years mini and the safety gear I wear. Craigslist!! Ya gotta love it, 100 bucks for the Leathers, 75 for the helmet. :D
I know, I know, the Dr. Martens aren't NHRA approved. LOL, I forgot my boots that weekend. :oops:

IMG_1590-2.jpg

Moleman...After the drags, I'll see what I can do for ya!

The words AWESOME..and Wicked Cool..are the only way i can describe this..and to think..i have passed up these frames out here thinking.."what would i do with it"...i gotta build one.... :D

Thanks Old School64,
Isaiah3g-
The reason the whole thing works is the two sprocket clutch on the second engine.
That clutch is actually the most expensive part of the bike, 75 bucks!
Max-Torque-Dual-Sprocket-Clutch-400905354-147651.jpg

Run the front engine's chain to the clutch of the second one. Then second engine's chain from clutch to rear sprocket.

doublewhammydriveline3.jpg

doublewhammydriveline2.jpg

Hope this helps and I can't wait to see what you build!!
Here is the link to Billetproof. http://www.billetproof.com/upcomingshow ... s2011.html

Thanks!
The wrap on the pipes is called header wrap, race cars wrap thier headers and exhaust with it to keep heat down under the hood and to gain horsepower. I used it to keep the heat down with the engines so close to my legs........and to cover my sub par welding! :mrgreen:

Hear ya go.....http://www.google.com/products/c ... GgQ8wIwAA#

That bike is awesome Isaiah! I don't know how I missed it.
Lots of neat ideas, I may steal some too! :mrgreen:

Nice! Reminds me of a local drag legend I just met a few weeks back by the name of John Eads. He's been dragging a Cushman scooter since the 50's. Ran 90.9 mph! The scooter is crazy! Runs on alcohol and uses a hot water bottle as an "injection" system that he sits on the "pressurize" the fuel into the carb! Alcohol-injected Cushman!

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=178937932163649

Oh boy, new stuff!!
I have heard a lot about stock flywheels that can come apart at higher rpm's.
So to be safe I broke down and bought a pair of ARC Billet Flywheels.
They are just too pretty to be covered up!! So I took a pic before the covers went back on.
dblwhammybillet.jpg

Sick work my friend. Looks like a blast to ride. Maybe you can put some LED lights in the fan shroud and cover and light it up inside :idea:

kenny p said:
So to be safe I broke down and bought a pair of ARC Billet Flywheels.
They are just too pretty to be covered up!! So I took a pic before the covers went back on.

Billet?????? Good thing they are covered up. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, the day I've been waiting for came and went in a flash!
The Billetproof Drags and Minibike Madness are in the books.
Fastest pass of the day for the Double Whammy was............
11.359 at 63.08 mph.
Pretty happy with that!
I met some great people, saw some neat mini's and watched some fast cars.
Now I can get some work done around the house!

Latest posts

Back