Does anyone make a 26" rim with a Brass Hub??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a Prewar Columbia. I have just purchased Bontrager Hank tires 26 x 2.20 and I'm looking for wheels. I'm hoping that someboddy out there can tell me where I can find black rims with black spokes (thick gage), brass nipples and a brass hub to complement my project...is there even a brass hub out there or would I need to have one plated??

Thanks so much,

Deron Nicholson

[email protected]

I think you will have to get the hub plated i know there was a member here PICK that had some plated parts on build and he was selling some also don't think there was a hub but he would be a great start to get some info from. as far as rims and spokes your LBS should be able to hook you up with a thinker gage spoke and the rim.... rattle can it black. 8) thats would be a lot easier i think hope this helps.

Heres the link the link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45453&p=445457&hilit=copper+plated#p441683

jaysmo said:
I think you will have to get the hub plated i know there was a member here PICK that had some plated parts on build and he was selling some also don't think there was a hub but he would be a great start to get some info from. as far as rims and spokes your LBS should be able to hook you up with a thinker gage spoke and the rim.... rattle can it black. 8) thats would be a lot easier i think hope this helps.

Heres the link the link http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... ed#p441683

Pick got the copper plated parts from me. I have a connection at a playing shop here in Wichita and have had a couple bikes worth of stuff plated. My stuff has been bartered for, but a hub will run you $40-60 depending on the condition it is in.

Brass or copper plated your hub will still oxidize to a nice brown finish. look into a plating shop that does PVD coatings. With this you can get a beautiful brass/gold coating that will last. This is the same coating used on faucets and door hardware.

An even cheaper option if you dont want to spend the money replating and relacing your rims... Duplicolor has some great clear colors meant to be sprayed over chrome that will give you the brass/yellow anodized look without worrying about it ozidizing etc...

31CdPtBywzL._SL500_AA219_.jpg

Latest posts

Back