Does anyone know anything about this muscle bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it wrong of me not to keep this bike original? Since no one knows anything about it I doubt it's going to hurt its value.I've ordered a slick rear tire for it I'm going to put on it,just like the looks better.Eventually I'm going to change the handlebars to some longer ones which means I will have to also replace the brake levers since they are welded to the handlebars.I want to replace the seat also,no padding whatsoever is hard on my ...,anybody ever add extra padding to their seat?
Would love to get this seat but dude wants 125 bucks for it plus 36 to ship.I asked why shipping was so much and he said he was in Greece,I didnt realize that but then I got to thinking well since he's in Greece maybe he's seen this bike before,but he knew nothing about it either
seat.jpg

As long as all you are doing is swapping one bolt on part for another, and you keep the original parts, I can't see how you would hurt the value. I just wouldn't repaint or do anything else that would be permanent.

As long as all you are doing is swapping one bolt on part for another, and you keep the original parts, I can't see how you would hurt the value. I just wouldn't repaint or do anything else that would be permanent.

Yeah Im not going to be doing anything permanent and will be saving all the original parts.
I've got to get another seat,I was just looking underneath mine,I've never seen this before underneath a seat.Its styrofoam and I guess its wrapped with some thin metal on the top that the seat covering is covering.There feels like there is absolutely no padding whatsover,when I knock on it with my knuckle its hard as a rock like I'm knocking on a door.

Still having chain problems.I wanted to replace the old one.I bought a new chain,just went to walmart and picked up a chain made by Bell that says its a 1/2"x3/32" for bike 10 to 24 speed,figured I would just shorten it.When I lay it side by side beside the old chain it looks the same.But the new chain does not want to fit around the front sprocket,something is off.It doesnt seem quite wide enough and the links dont fit fit right.I thought maybe the front sprocket might be different since its an italian bike but it measures the same between teeth as my other bike.
What is the proper size chain? Because lying these side by side on top of each other I cannot see a difference.

I don't know how this bike was originally equiped, maybe someone tried to kluge something together. Sounds like it's got a 1/2"x1/8" (coaster/internal gear) front sprocket.

Have fun bolting away. I love changing out parts to see how they look on other bikes. Some times it looks cool other times it doesn't. Just keep the original parts like mentioned before.

This thing looks like something Iverson would have made, not sure if they sold bikes in the European market tho.
The Chain might be tricky, I've had multi speed bikes that I could only fit a single speed chain to. Not sure how it happened, and it's one of the reasons I stick to single speed coaster bikes.

I've just reconditioned the old chain and am going to use it and see how it goes.I havent rode it yet because I put on new handlebars and I dont have any brakes.The old hand brakes are welded to the old handlebars,so I bought some used brake levers off ebay and the cables didnt fit them,so I've ordered some more cables and hope that works.

Torino might have been the city in Italy it was made? That's a neat bike.

Ok ive made some changes to bike.Changed rear tire to a slick,added reflector to rear of sissy bar and changed out the handlebars.
Also bought a new seat to one that had at least a little bit of padding.Would like to make it a 5 speed.Saw this cog on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/301768991647
Never changed one out before,think this would work?
1d13011a6267c48d7cb3a8d7169fb99f.jpg
ecb1a9c9b66b9d5b1c5e6e79512ae661.jpg
c31576733ad2ca2c77a12e928184ebeb.jpg

That shifter is really cool. I love the boot on it like a real shifter. Cool frame design to. I have never seen that design before.
My thoughts Exactly! The boot on it makes it 10000000x cooler.

Latest posts

Back