Do you longboard?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that the older crowd longboards. I make my own decks and I mostly cruise, no fancy stuff. Older bones are harder to mend. I started skating back in the 70's and just recently got myself back on a board. I even have a vintage one with a fiberglass deck. So, anybody else?

i Tried to ride a skateboard one time... I tried to drop in lol my first time. I hit my head and got a concussion.. Yeah.

Yep! I did a bit of skating in the late 70's ,picked it back up early 90's, (mostly just downhilling parkinglots), and since my boys got interested I started skating again. My collegue Karl got me into longboarding.
The last deck I made had one ply of bamboo and two triplex birch plies.
Quite flexy (which I'm not too fond of).
190821016_07b24f80a2.jpg

Last year I tried some proper streetskating, but I had a sore knee all winter, so I might be getting too old, haha!
But we have a nice old park with a snakerun nearby, so that's always nice to go to.

Most longboards I made I did with triplex (you guys call it that? plywood that consists of three layers?), maple would be great, but hard to get here, so I use birch. I cut out 3 pieces, about 10" wide, 4 ft long. Best is to have 2 pieces with the grain going lenthwise, the other one opposite (is this still english? :) ) I make 'em wet, put waterproof-woodglue between the layers and press them together in a kind of mold, so that there's a bit of concave and a kicktail. Strap it all together, some extra clamps and dry for a day.
Then I cut out the shape I want (you can cut out half the shape in cartboard and mirror it to get it equal on both sides). Sanding, paintjob and you got yourself a longboard. Doesn't cost a lot :D

Hahaha kev, dont be sorry, Ive had like 6 concussions lol i need 2 wear a helmet when i ride... My first one i was 3 i ran into the wall chasing my cousin, stupid SOB Stole my tonka dumptruck lol i busted him over the head with my shovel in the sandbox later.. I got him back.

Clothespin "n" said:
It's all starting to make sense to me now Ricky..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
just kiding.. :mrgreen:

Ha Ha...poor Ricky...steps into it every time. :mrgreen:

Here's a sweet site to check out for longboards.

http://www.barfoot.com

BTW...I'm really interested in the longboarding scene. Back in the 80s I was big into skateboarding, had a couple sweet boards....a VISION Gator and and Alva board at one time. Tracker trucks, OJ wheels, etc. Haven't been on a skateboard in 22 years. :shock:

Tell me why yall like the longboards.

Rat Rod "Tell me why yall like the longboards."

The one I tried was Comfortable....smooth...tracks well..
FAST...steady..and it has the feel you are Surfing or wakeboarding.

2 pushes and your sailin for about a BLOCK.

Im gonna try to "long board" I think it will look funny a 260 pound kid ridign down the street on a skate board thing hahahahaa

ricksterr1221 said:
Im gonna try to "long board" I think it will look funny a 260 pound kid ridign down the street on a skate board thing hahahahaa

Spend all your time on a bike and a longboard and you might end up droppin' a few pounds. :) That and lay off the sodas!

Quit drinking soda, i been riding, actually i forgot i lost like 10 pounds im down 2 like 254 yeeah i need to loose weight..

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHHA!!!! Lol!! thats fkin hilarious.. Ill be rollin in my impalla, Mom says i get it when i graduate.... Im gonna re do it! :) lol chaisin the honeys down the street oh yes.. Hope they dont charge to much, HAAHHAHAHA!!

Hooch said:
I envision Ricky in a couple years drivin a custom van with the name "Chunky Monkey"on the side chasin girls lol

Bubble Heart shaped side windows...
Diamond Tuft interior
Water Bed
8 Track Player
Swiveling Captains Chairs
Wet Bar and Fridge....
Craigers skinned out with Eagle GT II's
Running boards
Suicide knob
Leather Front Bra
Big Corvette Style Lake Pipes...

ahhhh...yaaa....

I can see that to Hooch... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

has anyone ever had the chance to ride on a "freeboard"? I really want to get on one. If you've never heard of them, they are longboards with a free-pivoting wheel between the main wheels on each truck. Apparently its the closest thing to snowboarding.... with no snow.

im not a snowboarder or anything, it just sounds like a lot of fun.

freeboard-image-3.gif

raised by robots said:
has anyone ever had the chance to ride on a "freeboard"? I really want to get on one. If you've never heard of them, they are longboards with a free-pivoting wheel between the main wheels on each truck. Apparently its the closest thing to snowboarding.... with no snow.

im not a snowboarder or anything, it just sounds like a lot of fun.

I saw those here and wondered about them too.

http://www.tierneyrides.com

T-Boards_header.jpg

Latest posts

Back