Deville

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since my wife is such a special lady I figure its time she got a Caddy
100_4996.jpg

I just hope I have enough time by the deadline to finish it up .

Here's the bike , I built this as a low rider about 10 yrs ago and the kids rode the wheels off it now its time for a makeover .
Its a '68 Hollywood
100_5001.jpg

hung a few parts on her ??? Let the fun begin :lol:

100_5003.jpg

...luv ya for your pink cadilac plush velvet seats riding in the back feelin' kinda neat.......

Yo Schwinnspastic!

I guess you and I have a lot in common dude. I'm from N. CA. I dig Schwinns, love Coupe De Villes , have that same stand and my wife gets this whole bike thang too!Happy Building! :mrgreen:

Emsbikes011.jpg

Love the idea for your build! This is my rear fender for my daily rider!V8 powered! Can't wait to see what you come up with!L8 EM

normal_58_caddy_front.jpg

Here's a '58 sedan deville for even more inspiration.

wow looks like some of you are way ahead of the game with your builds ,
I feel really fortunate to have found the time to just get the bike apart
that was no easy feat as the headset was frozen solid??? I had to torch
it off but I did save the fork at least and I started wet sanding and removed
an old licence sticker and thats about it so hopefully I can spend some time this week to finnish sanding and get some paint on it.
no pics just yet of the progress ...soon

Doug I have seen that bike but really I am not going to build a car out of a bike.

Later

In honor of breast cancer awareness month I would just like to remind everyone to "Think Pink"
100_5050.jpg

it warmed up enough to squirt some paint and I must admit that in almost
40 yrs of building bikes I've never painted one pink :roll:
Hopefully it will start getting pieced together after some drieing time and I must say some of the bikes are coming along nicely !

Mark

Pink?......Your making an Elvis Caddy! :mrgreen:

in between work , kids , the honey doo list and steelhead fishing I have not got very far on this bike but here it is so far.
the Elvis / Mary Kay Caddy :lol:
100_5106.jpg

I know ...lousy pics shot in the dark but.........
the front shot sorta reminds me of a unicorn with the spring reversed
100_5108.jpg

with some luck it will be a rider this w/e

cool! But would it get higher if you mount the springer "as it should be" or did this make it lower?

the object of the spinger mod is to make the bike longer...caddies are long
cars and low as well....ever seen a jacked up caddy ?
The spring is now redundant and may not stay on the bike but I just did not have the correct length bolt laying around the house.

It needs a dagmar in place of the spring. Don't ask me where to find one that small though. :lol:

Latest posts

Back