"DEVIANT" link to finished build on page one :-)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "DEVIANT" A step thru goes a step beyond...

Here are the self tapping screws that I'm using to attach the BB. Couldn't find stainless, so I bought zinc plated.
IMAG1807.jpg

IMAG1808.jpg

Here is how the light will look. Don't know if I will use the red lense or go with yellow.

IMAG1812.jpg

And the tank...
IMAG1815.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock:
WHOA!!! You can't go blowin our minds this early in the morning!!!!!!!

This build is giving me vertigo.I like it :!:

Awesome stuff man, really looking forward to seeing this get finished up. I was wondering how you were gonna solve the crank situation :)

Are you sure that two screws is going to be enough to secure this? There is a lot of torquing (sp) and movement going on down there.

kingfish254 said:
WHOA!!! You can't go blowin our minds this early in the morning!!!!!!!
LOL! I'd already been at work for 4 hours when I posted!
Circa Cycles said:
This build is giving me vertigo.I like it :!:
Joker-n-Jack said:
But the?...there's a?....that's just crazy...
Yea, I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around this build.
CCR said:
Awesome stuff man, really looking forward to seeing this get finished up. I was wondering how you were gonna solve the crank situation :)
Thanks man :D Took me a while to figure it out, I lucked out that the goose seat tube fit over the monarch. Since I want to keep the bike chrome, I'm limited to attaching parts with nuts bolts and screws... If I was going to paint, everything would be welded into place and smoothed over with filler.
kingfish254 said:
Are you sure that two screws is going to be enough to secure this? There is a lot of torquing (sp) and movement going on down there.
I'll be shooting three more screws into it, and slathering some jb weld in between the tubes. There will also be a section of seat post on the inside, and a bracket between the kickstand mount and the fender/seatstay/now chainstay thingy... uggghhhh... :eek: see what I mean?

I just noticed that the WHOLE light thing, has the exact same line as the twin tubes above it. NICE symmetry.

I tried several different lights, but this one looked the best. The other ones with the squared off edges just didn't flow... If I can't find some solid chrome forks, I'm going to paint these. I can paint the tank to match.
I also want to bend up some front and rear Truss rods.

All the extra screws and JBweld should hold it steady just fine.

I like your idea of front and rear truss rods.

I can see some rear ones really continuing the sexy curves of the new top tube.

Wow.... That flip is amazing. love the curvy lines. And that headlamp off the new bottom bracket is killer. I've just picked up from the dump another girls Schwinn world sport with similar curves. I just finished a flip about a month ago. Nice job. What are you going to do for a seat and those open holes at the top?

Here was my solution to the old bottom bracket..
550190_3904307485776_70801513_n.jpg

My finished product.
527848_4051348881719_1798743066_n.jpg

Your flip beats mine, (twisted sister) any day of the week! :mrgreen:

PeterBuilt said:
Your flip beats mine, (twisted sister) any day of the week! :mrgreen:
Thanks Peterbuilt!
Thanks for the pics Richnprayer. That shifter in the BB was a great idea.
I was considering putting a jack shaft there with the chain from the cranks running up the left side, and one down the right to the rear wheel.

You pulled it off! Great job! Shifter position is excellent. Put a tank in their for a whole- nuva -level. Peace

Lugisland, I really like what you are doing and keeping it chrome.

richnprayer that green flip is really great, that's a great frame shape for flipping IMHO -- :D
did you do anything to change the rear dropouts?

thanks for all the great ideas guys.

Latest posts

Back