Derby?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Who knows what about the Derby? Thinking Murray or Elgin (big difference between the two manufacturers)...but they had similar chainring at one time.
So first, does this appear to be a Murray or Elgin frame?...I'm guessing early Murray.

Second, I can't seem to find any info on the base Derby that tells me much.
Anyone hear have info on the Derby.

Finally, I'm guessing ( no serial number yet from the.owner....says he can't find one) from the attributes of the style tank, truss rods, seat, and the dropstand with frame ears....it might be early postwar or earlier. Say 40s.

You thoughts please and any idea on value as I don't want to over pay...then again who does. I'm thinking $125-150 full retail. Of course I would have to pay less....
Sorry for the Grainy pics but it is all I have. Trying to upload the badge picture and it may take a bit.

d6b1db900b9e8b46c21fae1892ec05a8.jpg

af5a7cc3e05a82059722aee77f9ec78d.jpg

a49924a0c7ee08c798a259260eb72d2d.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Last edited:
Murray was a manufactuer and elgin was sears brand name. Elgins could be manufactured by different makers like Murray or westfield and probably others. I couldn't tell you for sure who the maker of this is. If I had to take a guess id say westfeild.

Latest posts

Back