Der Rote Baron - Felt Red Baron

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I haven't forgot about this build off. I believe I have this thing complete, but constructive criticism, or not, is welcomed.

Picked up ideas along the way. @Tater built a Felt Bomber a few years back that rolled on Berm Master tires and it looked great. I tried these tires on this build just because of that.

I wanted to keep the shifter cable completely exposed running along the frame, and I'm satisfied with the outcome. The shifter mounting bracket required a different angle to function on this build and even though it hurt to put holes on this frame, it had to be done or I would need to get someone to fabricate a mount for it.

I'm also running a lower than desired PSI on the front tire just to make it fit, I couldn't go back to thick bricks after purchasing the Berm's, that would mean I gave up on my idea.

So let me know what you guys think, I may be messing with it more right up to the deadline. I wanted to accent the bike with something made out of wood, but my simple mind is toast right now.

a59edd03e2a8f6a5643ac938d55b3bd7.jpg

dfebbb19256fb96549d20742e38365bb.jpg
I do like what I see. You can trim the treads that rub down on your tire and run it at full pressure. I use the platform you are using a lot - a lot and I can tell you that you have a nice build.
Gig

- by Gigmata

I always liked teh styling on those Red Barons.
The fork and tires are cool additions.

Looking great! I don't know how far you would want to take the theme with some added Maltese Cross add-on's. They make several custom accessories. Mirrors, tail lights and these items pictured.
Maltese%20Cross%20Pedals.png
Maltese%20Cross%20Sprocket.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will be riding this one more often.

What do you guys recommend I use to shave the tires?

@Falstaff, if you don't mind, post up some pics of your dad's ultralight. Did you guys end up keeping it? Flying is still on my to do list, either a small plane or helicopter.

^ I've never seen that thread, thanks.

I Haven't finished this build off and I already got an idea of what I might do to the thick brick take-offs.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will be riding this one more often.

What do you guys recommend I use to shave the tires?

@Falstaff, if you don't mind, post up some pics of your dad's ultralight. Did you guys end up keeping it? Flying is still on my to do list, either a small plane or helicopter.
I'll have to dig around to see if I have pics. He let his ultralight go a few years before he died,and we weren't a big picture taking family.

Sold mine last week, those new ape hanger bars snapped, made with cheap tubing so refitted my electra bars, lost my mojo for cruisers for now so sold both of mine and concentrating on finishing my 50 year old Moulton speed that's been hiding in the shed so long.

Latest posts

Back