Deadline time zones

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last year I screwed up the time and I was down to, what I thought was, 15 minutes prior to deadline, but had several hours more. So I want to post this to clarify for everyone.

January 1st at 11:59 (2359) U.S. Central (0600 UTC). We don't use midnight, or 0000, in the military to keep from confusing the days, so we're using 1 minute prior to midnight. If that last minute ruins your chances, you goofed up anyway. ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------

UTC = GMT = Zulu

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

U.S. Eastern = 1am (0100) on January 2nd
U.S. Central = 11:59pm (2359) on January 1st
U.S. Mountain = 11pm (2300) on January 1st
U.S. Pacific = 10pm (2200) on January 1st
U.S. Hawaii = 8pm (2000) on January 1st

Amsterdam (Frankie Plekhand/Corvus) 0700 on January 2nd
Mykonos Greece (FunkMe) 0800 on January 2nd
Manila Phillipines (Wildcat/Joe Conde) 1400 on January 2nd
Lord Howe Island Australia (Pushie Pirate) 1630 on January 2nd

Melbourne Australia (Luke) 1700 on January 2nd.
Auckland New Zealand (EndlessChain) 1900 on January 2nd

Last edited:
Yeah thanks crash wow us folk downunder get an extra day!!??
Some Investment Group figured out they could make a fortune by transferring money between banks on either side of the International dateline, therefore gaining interest from the day before. Of course they all went to prison after returning the millions.

We all started at the same time, so really they gain a day at the start compared to us...

Luke.

I started first, but waited until Central time in the states. So I have an extra 14 hours, but I'll burn up 13.5 hours procratinating.

Looks like I will be pushing right up to 10pm on the first. Making a couple more components, and we have snow tomorrow in vegas. Will be making the ride to downtown on the first. Anyone in vegas for new years, welcome to tag along.

Thanx Crash, you mean to say I have another day...:headbang:
I bet the weather is fantastic tomorrow:rofl::D

Latest posts

Back