dBd -- double Bar denim...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
I'm in!!!!!

... but Can't start yet...

so for my build off Bike this year, I will be putting together a rusty, ratty late 30s Colson Twin. This bike may give you tetanus just by looking at it. But!!! It hast yet arrived, looking to have it to the house by Friday.

When it arrives, I am not yet sure how many days I will have to stare at it before starting. The ideal build should start to materialize as I start mocking it up after an idea or two...

Starting without many components to put on it, I am sure I will have to fab some parts in order to get it done..

fc0cfb33e4aa752a9e6c3940742316cb.jpg

Will be watching MC! Your last two build off bikes have been off the charts.....you've raised our expectations for this one! ;)

Have fun

Great quote
Hehe Kingfish, I've heard that exact quote more than once to describe a bike I have been on.
Will be watching MC! Your last two build off bikes have been off the charts.....you've raised our expectations for this one! ;)
Thanks OJ, you are too kind. Will try to match your expectations. I will have a long ways to go with this one, for sure.

Maybe you should change the name to Tetanus Shot...Does anyone get them these days?:grin:

C-Twin? Interesting.
I'm liking the colson part, will be watching.
Was drawing a blank on the name, I usually have time to stare at a frame and listen for its name. I know around here it probably be called 'the colson' or 'the twin'. At home, My last build is just called 'the bomber' and 'the Chopper' before that...
Watching.:android:
[emoji106]
Maybe you should change the name to Tetanus Shot...Does anyone get them these days?:grin:
FunkMe, That's a great name, more creative than mine, but not sure if it will have a lot of sharp edges yet...

I get a tetanus shot every 5 years or so, because of all the cuts and scrapes I get from working cars and bikes... :grin: it's only been a week since my last rusty cut from working on a friend's old folder...

Sounds like a cool plan! I like your builds!

Looks.......er..sounds good...look forward to seeing it.:thumbsup:

I rarely refer to my bikes by their build names either but my kid does.

Always enjoy a MChewy build! :thumbsup:
Tetanus Shot...Does anyone get them these days?:grin:
Had one last year after I fell headfirst on to a bike path and put my teeth through my upper lip, wish I could say I came off a bike, but I tripped playing frisbee with my niece... :doh:

Luke.

Always enjoy a MChewy build![emoji106]
Had one last year after I fell headfirst on to a bike path and put my teeth through my upper lip, wish I could say I came off a bike, but I tripped playing frisbee with my niece... :doh:

Luke.
Thanks Luke!

Sounds like a rough fall. I've got a similar scar there. Wore a moustache since I was 17 as a result.

I'm not sure of the MFG, but I like that frame.
Git ta buildin!

I spent the morning and afternoon, starting the plumbing for solar heaters for the pool. Thunderstorms came, and after it started to let up, used the rainwater and some mild soap to clean up the frame a little.

Cleans up well,

the blue is crackled over the red in places. Half tempted to pick the blue off with my fingernail and have it rusty red...

Added a set of forks and swapped the seat. Still not speaking yet...

Love the frame! That way back lay back seat tube and long curved top tubes has a great look. It just wants you to sit back on the bike with a long reach bar coming back to meet you.....that's my first impression anyway. And....I like the rusty patina, but, what's new?! :21: "OddJob Likes Rust!" Stop the presses!

Latest posts

Back