dBd -- double Bar denim...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still thinking on the appropriate name. Krusty don't fit.

I have these fork and frame that I am thinking of putting on the build.

With these, and a a flat black panel or tank in the frame bars to match. The drop bars up front.

Been out in KC for rockfest so will have to put them on it when I get back.

Last edited:
That fork should look great on the frame!

:cool2: Love the old curved frames w/straight downtubes. I don't know if it applies to all years, but CWC bikes have a C with a little w inside of it after the serial #.

Definitely doesn't have a C with W.

:39: I think it may be a pre-ww2 Rollfast. :wondering:

I couldn't find many mid to late 30s snyder frames with the double bars to compare. Definitely not a 1935.

Dropouts are a little different than my 40 snyder frame more duck shaped.

why I was looking at other makes..

The leading 7, the seat clamp location both make me think 37, but would be cool to know the make/model of this cool frame :).

Looking at the rear dropout I don't think this frame is a Colson, wrong shape.

Holes are 2 7/8 apart.

Thoughts?
I do think it might be a 37 cwc, but not sure how to identify the brand.

7 428C1 with 23 on the side.

That fork should look great on the frame!

I was hoping so as well. With the rake on the head tube should match up nicely.

Looks like another desert demon in the works! Flat black and old patina....worked on Mesa Büggie....love the look!

Looking good so far! What are you thinking for tires? Kind of has a muscle-y cyclocross look to it....maybe a low profile knobby pattern on a tire that's not too wide....

Looking good so far! What are you thinking for tires? Kind of has a muscle-y cyclocross look to it....maybe a low profile knobby pattern on a tire that's not too wide....
Good questions OddJob.

I was thinking something that will corner well at speed. But haven't fully decided yet. Small profile knobby like k-rads could be in its future. Not sure if k-rads come 2.25 wide

Would be cool to find a Smooth 2.25 slick For the rear. With that, the treaded tire with same width or slightly wider width up front. Visiting LBS today.

I may also Need to pick out some wheels togo with them. My last set of drop center wide wheels are done and dead. Plus too small of axle up front on the fork. I have a set of chrome wheels I was noodling on lacing as the solution, but not sure if I want much shiny...

Thanks Luke!

Sounds like a rough fall. I've got a similar scar there. Wore a moustache since I was 17 as a result.
Put my teeth through my bottom lip when I was 18 wish I could say it was form play frisbee with my Niece .
But a big block Buick some part favors , a wild teenager & a tree don't mix !!!!
Been wearing a hair lip ever since .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put my teeth through my bottom lip when I was 18 wish I could say it was form play frisbee with my Niece .
But a big block Buick some part favors , a wild teenager & a tree don't mix !!!!
Been wearing a hair lip ever since .

Dodge Pickup, hood hinge here. Dad had them cocked down and had the hood off. I walked up, leaned in to help lift the head off the 440 and tapped the hood spring slightly and the bolt fell out. It came up, smacked me square just above the teeth and threw me up against the wall behind us. It left quite a hole. No more brass instrument playing either.... huge lesson learned that day...

Dodge Pickup, hood hinge here. Dad had them cocked down and had the hood off. I walked up, leaned in to help lift the head off the 440 and tapped the hood spring slightly and the bolt fell out. It came up, smacked me square just above the teeth and threw me up against the wall behind us. It left quite a hole. No more brass instrument playing either.... huge lesson learned that day...
Ouch that sounds like it hurt ! Bet your dad was Broken also . Some decisions can really change your life . I learned a hard lesson that day also . I'm just happy I lived to tell the story.

I am glad you survived as well g-matt!![emoji106]

OK. Today I went to a couple Bike stores. Looked at a few things,including tires. Found a pair of k-rads but not the right sizes, they didn't pop to me. Then was at the third shop and he brought out these...

One look and I knew I was going to get them. They, like my last build picked the bike.

In person, an impressive tire. And a very smoooooth ride. 2.35s a bit wider than planned.

Got the bottom bracket converted.

Smooth, sealed bearings. Solid. Looking at the above pic, need to press the ring side a hair more.

That person's seat came pre-broke in. Thanks Ray.

Need the seat further back, and to actually clamp down. Comfy ride, till it worked it's way down... makin a new seat post in my future.

Big +1 ^ to G's comment! Small block 8s, will give you great traction in the dirt / rocks, and still roll smooth with that round profile on the hardpack.....nice choice!

Tires look awesome!
I picked up a brand new pair of Small Block 8's in 2.1 width recently for $10 each, don't even have a bike to put them on, but at that price, I was buying!

Oh, that is $10 Australian money too, so about $14 US for both... :wink1:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back