Daily Rider Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i did my intro, posted up the most i can on my old builds, which you are able to find in the gallery section. i have been browsing for the last few weeks and decided to start a project. i'm trying a different syle then i'm use to working with

an impulse buy on craigslist on a friday night stuck me with a electric stingray for 220 and a great time

2egfg8y.jpg

orpmbl.jpg

first i have to add some lighting to make it legal here in tempe, trying to figure a way to wire it to the power supply at 12v, it would make things easier on lighting and power but harder on concealing the wires,

i'm currently working on drawings for the new frame, while i'm not a fan of fake looking motors and exhaust i am going to detail the motor a little better i already tried to switch out the forks and the handle bars but i have to extend the lines first the neck tube is to tall for a straight springer also i plan to switch out the front wheel with a 26" later on in the build i want to add the BL36 to the front wheel and then switch the bike to 36 volts right now its 24

fun has heck to ride rode it all night in the neightborhood party to party

i changed things up a little bit

still working on removing the stickers changed the handle bars and the seat i want to tear it down and start sutting it up but i want to play with it a little bit more

The Great Tempe Town Lake
23ihrw6.jpg

2w4wbhf.jpg

vsp9qe.jpg

one drawing idea
x0w5k2.jpg

i will take it apart once i get a final concept of what i'm looking for
but this bike is a lot of fun even through i ride it to work i still want to get on it and ride around the block every few hours

thank you outlaw

people are viewing it so i thought i would throw up some progress pics

mockup this evening, have to buy new tubing
f3f1go.jpg

one idea i threw around
kdnar4.jpg

has you can see, this is mocked up with it at ride height
the air ride is alomost complete since this bike is battery powered i am thinking of adding a electric valve for the air. i dunno yet. still trying to find a place for the bottle

also another idea for the bike is a scrape plate that i can spring hinge to a sucide shift, just for a little spark action

last thing i found out there is a bike ride comming up called tour de fat . so that has been my motivation for this project.
dead line oct 10th

looking good. So how well does that electric motor run?

plug and play

is run quiet and smooth. i try not to start it from a stop but it does it so easy rode it to and from work everyday for a week and a few more hours everynight and a couple more quick rides in the morning. downside i have to check everybolt everymorning cause a lot of it would rattle loose.

quick update had to get it together and ride it!

i dislike the handlebars i have been practicing draggin the pedals with out filp'n over

2akbgk6.jpg

got the garage all cleaned up and ready for the next stage
2ptvvqr.jpg

any ideas on color choices?

with or without fenders?

and where in the tempe area can a get a old set of used handlebars?

aw this ride is lookin good. mount the bottle under the top tube so it would be like a gas tank. i like the fenders on it but not the bars. try to find a motorcycle recycle place. i get my bars from one an cheap. great work

Outlaw 8)

is the frame on the wall the same bike from your first post????? if it is it looks awsome all finished.....

You've already done that bike a favor :) .Looks like you have more in store.Can't wait.

dude when i first saw this post i thought, " another stingray chopper with a motor on it, Whoopdee doo!!!" but now that youve done all the frame work and switched some things up, i think, " dang i wish my stingray chopper looked like that!!!" amazing work man and it looks super cool. stick with the fenders and as for a color, id go with something bright and bad ...!!!! looks sweet bro.

Easy E

thank you for the comments

here is a pic of the progress before final assembly
28lbdyw.jpg

got some great handlebars an old basket , and a VW reverse light my roommate gave me. ties everything end very well i think. the paint job ended up like all my other bikes, black ( no budget for paint)

hiding the wiring and hoses are taking a little time , still have not located a good priced paintball tank ,hopefully the local bike shop here has a wide, fat 26" whitewall

rode all day today all day long I rode

2 bottles of co2, wasted drag blocks, and one three hour charge during lunch the bike runs perfect Took it to tour de fat in tempe, sunday i want to take better pictures finish up a few details and start getting clips for a video.
33e1jdk.jpg

24157yo.jpg

n5q2ya.jpg

when should i stop at accesories? i want to add turn signals, neons, and air horn think it by be getting too much?

dude i borderline hate you for having this bike!! it looks so freakin sweet!!!! youve definately done this bike a favor. and i dont hate you :oops:

Easy E

Latest posts

Back