Dad's HotRod Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All,
About 10 years ago, while looking into an old shed that was falling in on itself at the back of my grandparents yard I spotted what I thought was an old Schwinn. Two hours and a half dozen dead black widows later it was out, at least what was left of it. While talking to my Grandad about the bike he informed me that it belonged to my Dad when he was a kid and it was mine for the taking if I wanted it.

Being a sucker for anything with two wheels I drug it home and turned it into this. Many of the parts were liberated from my 20" BMX bike and all of the work including paint was done by yours truly. Hope you Like it...

IMG_8282 by Balloon Tire Rider, on Flickr

Thanks Guys! MplsCoaster- The City Slickers on the bike are OK, but honesly, I dont think theyre half as good a tire as Schwalbe's Fat Frank which is what I generally run on this bike. Unfortunately, I had to take off the Schwalbe's for the time being because I've got a kid seat that goes on the rack and when hauling around my growing 2 yr old boy the Fat Frank would rub the rear fender. No Bueno...

Fade,

The Rack came with a Child Seat and the manufacturer is Topeak. I picked this one up used on Craig's List, but If I'm not mistaken you can buy them new from Amazon...

Latest posts

Back