CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Drum Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Yep......Got me a rider..........

Lookin killer Bean!

8)

LukeTheJoker said:
Looks great Bean! :D Nothing like riding a new bike you built yourself!

Luke.
junknutz1975 said:
Lookin killer Bean!

8)
Gold Street Customs said:
Nice Ride!!!!

Thanks people :D

It certainly does give a lot of satisfaction riding a bike you built yourself, Luke :D . I half expected it to ride like crap, but apart from the chopper flop, it is just so nice to ride, I can't bring myself to pull it down to finish it off. I will have to do it tomorrow though, as next weekend will be my last chance to photograph it.

I am really getting jealous of all of these people getting their build on the road already.
Turned out sharp buddy!!!

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Aaaargh!!.........weather.....

kingfish254 said:
I am really getting jealous of all of these people getting their build on the road already.
Turned out sharp buddy!!!

Thanks kingfish. Just to rub it in a bit more though, I had 2 long rides today, because it was raining off and on, and humid, so I didn't want to wire brush the frame and clear coat it.
I did get to change the oil and filters in my ute though......been putting it off for too long :oops: Also started work on a couple of little extras for the final photo shoot :wink:

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Chained to the wheel.......

LukeTheJoker said:
Interesting looking chain!

Luke.
Not cheap tho .. have these on my Centrix to ... i say these, cause they are bmx chain and are to short for any 26" bike so you need 2 of theme ($_$)

Killer looking bike Bean!!

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Stripped.....

I got it pulled down and stripped the paint off the dropouts after work today. All ready for some dry days to get it cleaned up and cleared or painted........still can't decide :?

9c87dbf4-ba6e-4697-a374-e6539f268548.jpg

bean said:
I got it pulled down and stripped the paint off the dropouts after work today. All ready for some dry days to get it cleaned up and cleared or painted........still can't decide :?

9c87dbf4-ba6e-4697-a374-e6539f268548.jpg
So do both at the same time :mrgreen: http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalCast/

Wow!

That's a tough call.....

Paint or no paint... ?

I like the metalcast idea. The best of both worlds :?

Looks GREAT! :shock:

:mrgreen:

OneHorsePower said:
couple examples of candy color over bare metal
baremetalgreen.jpg
url
Photo1063.jpg

Looks fantastic!....especially the tank with the swirl marks. Something I would like to do. Time and weather might be against me for this build though.

awesome build man!!! Can't wait to see the paint on this.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Stripped

Weather's not looking good for the next couple of days :( I may have to do it this weekend in the rain/humidity, then redo it when the weather is better.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Looking good

Looks like I'm gettin' a good painting day tomorrow. Will be wire brushed and clear coated.......not enough time for anything else.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Looking Good.....

I like the sounds of that!

Cant wait to see what it looks like :wink:

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Cleared............

LukeTheJoker said:
Wire brushed and cleared is what I was hoping you would do!

Luke.
junknutz1975 said:
I like the sounds of that!

Cant wait to see what it looks like :wink:

Tommy Atoms said:
I love how this bike came out. It fits you well in that pic. I think clear is going to look kool as hhhell.

OK.......it's done.......except for the dropouts. I'm clamping it in a vise at work by a dropout at the moment........will finish in the morning :D

I gave the welds a real quick clean up and went over the frame with a wire wheel. Got 4 coats on, so hopefully will keep the rust at bay for a while. Also took a pic of the offset BB shell, and the stamping I did. next job is to make some rim strips.

f4475755-cbcd-4e1b-a36f-95598198d831.jpg

8db889df-5d02-4a68-9022-514adcc85b6e.jpg

194d8f49-bdf8-470c-8536-bb73ce44ea29.jpg

aa594566-eeea-4f47-86cf-ffb2150c839e.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Cleared.....

Looks slick!

I love the stampings 8)

Insane shop ya got there btw :wink:

Latest posts

Back