Cut, chop, shuffle, let's see what happens!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice progress on that sweet drivetrain!

Thanks G-Matt! I've been in Cape Cod all week, so the progress came to a screeching halt. But it is much needed r&r with the wife and family, so I can't complain. I would agree with you Luke, but with a 140mm rotor on there, the caliper doesn't sit down all the way, it rubs against the flange on the hub. It's only seeing about 75% contact area. I think I'm going to go with Chad T's earlier recommendation and put a second caliper on there. I found a set of calipers that look a little more svelte, so they should sit lower on the rotor. I can mount them side by side on the front of the hub, probably easier than my original location anyway. Plus, I think it'll look pretty bada**

You need some R&R once in a while . Enjoy the down time with the family & the cape .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks G-Matt! I've been in Cape Cod all week, so the progress came to a screeching halt. But it is much needed r&r with the wife and family, so I can't complain.
Hope you had time to ride some of the great bike paths on the cape.

image.jpg
Vacation was wonderful, did a few miles on the Shining Sea bikeway with the wife. Views were beautiful, and the weather was very nice. Break time is over though, time to get busy. I was up bright and early, I've got a lot of work to do. I hope to have the bike in final riding form by Monday evening. From there is disassembly and paint. I got the dropouts in place for the hub first.

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing this become a rider this week!

Unfortunately I don't think it will be a rider this week. I don't have a local supplier of tubing for the bars, and I need to redo the rear hub. I am going to take the time waiting for materials to work on primer and filler for the frame. I also need to paint the wheel. I want to do black with polished spoke faces.

Latest posts

Back