custom kick scooter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Was Thinking Of Building A Long An Low Kick Scooter Cruiser. Anyone Have Pics Of Any Custom Scooters For Ideas? thanks

Mine, running 16's
DSCN2542_zps2e0ef2ee.jpg

I wonder if one could be built with 20" wheels and a 50" wheelbase?
I'm dreamin' of a gravity bike with style... crouched for the run,
and kick scooter the rest of the time! (Help! I got gravity bikes stuck in my head...)

I get that it's for exercise, but an eMoter would be so cool on one of these.

Carl.

Kick scooter... what's it called when it has that excentric back wheel and you bounce up and down on it to keep it going?

Carl.

Kick scooter... what's it called when it has that excentric back wheel and you bounce up and down on it to keep it going?

Carl.

The Ingo bike from the '30's...A mint one is worth about $8000

Let's not go condemning too many lady's tank bikes over a novelty that probably won't sell any quicker. Some lady's tankers have tons of style and can be quite rare. I built a kick scooter from two matching women's Western Flyers that had some real potential. After dragging the kick scooter to about four swap meets I finally settled for $40 just so I didn't have to load it back up. Those two women's tankers were probably worth $100 a piece in the condition they were in before I took a sawzall to them....

Hey CeeBee, have any pics of those?

There are places in Europe that don't have any problem with paying over $800 for a decent custom scooter.

^Thanks guys. Cool bike....That is the "over the top" in a scooter build off.

Carl.

I love the "Grow Up" face people gives you when you slide in one of these, and how it turns to a "so cute" face when you ride with a nice... ;)

Here's a custom scooter that a friend and I built. It's a frame that I made based from a bike design of his (my instructions, "make a scooter version of my bike"). Once he had the frame, he did the rest. We did it as a goof, but it turned out to be one of the hits of Shiny Side Up.
tedsscooter_zps277fec12.jpg

Latest posts

Back