Custom FELT Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago i decided that i wanted to build my first bike. I started by spending several hours a day looking at pictures on this site trying to get design ideas. I wanted to do a Rat Rod but had a hard time deciding on a frame. I knew that i wanted a bent springer fork, and i really like the Felt frames, however i could not find any pictures of that combo. Later i would find out that combination doesnt fit without a little work. So I purchased the Blank Canvas Felt Frame and started ordering parts.

Here is the first batch of photos before i send the frame to be powder coated:

5458084017_3f083992dd.jpg

5458708380_694db24ca8.jpg

5458702502_4ca5b40372.jpg

5458698554_aec98f4516.jpg

5458704264_613c2dd6a0.jpg

jonas0tt0 said:
axelrod said:
That is looking cool so far. How much are the blank canvas setups selling for from Felt?

Thanks!

Felt is selling them for $299, but i found a site that had them on sale for $280 and free shipping.

Link? :shock: $280 with FREE shipping I might have to see what Felt is all about. I have heard they are the Cadillac of the bike world.

outskirtscustoms said:
jonas0tt0 said:
axelrod said:
That is looking cool so far. How much are the blank canvas setups selling for from Felt?

Thanks!

Felt is selling them for $299, but i found a site that had them on sale for $280 and free shipping.

Link? :shock: $280 with FREE shipping I might have to see what Felt is all about. I have heard they are the Cadillac of the bike world.

http://www.motostrano.com/fecacrfakit.html - looks like its actually $287 - i believe after taxes it came out to be right around $300 even.

Re: Custom FELT Rat Rod (PIC UPDATE 3/1)

Got the frame back from the powder coater yesterday and did a final mock up. Not finished but getting real close. Im thinking i might need some sort of vinyl graphic/pin-striping on the top side of the frame to give it some character. Seems a little plain. Thoughts?

5490788342_620a356b1e_b.jpg

Yeah - it could use a little dash of something on the side. Local vinyl sign/sticker companies should be able to help you with something, or get out the pinstriping dagger, and lay some 1-Shot on there.

Will you be stretched out in that riding position? What's the deal with the steering column?

Latest posts

Back