Curved Odyssey, Final build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I started this build on July 15 not knowing if I could finish it. Today, Aug. 01 was picture time, so I made it!........
It starts out with a 1938 s t r e a m l i n e d frame painted to 1936 one year only colour specs. I went into this using only parts I had on hand using only NOS or repro add on parts. I gotta say I will never leave the painting to the last minute again as it created it own problems with slow drying (air dry enamel). I am re thinking baked on finish in the sun!! Being my first build, I have a ways to go.

IMG_0327.jpg

I tried to tighten the chain, but even it seemed to want to curve?
IMG_0333.jpg

Good thing for sod farms
IMG_0338.jpg

One sixteenth of an inch clearance Clarance!
IMG_0344.jpg

Third eye blind?
IMG_0349.jpg

Field of..........
IMG_0355.jpg

The first three letters are PER
IMG_0363.jpg

Nearing the end
IMG_0370.jpg

The End

This is quite literally the nicest CCM I have ever seen... I so want one.

The colour scheme and details are perfect.

Surely the most unique frame in the build off....You certainly did it justice. NICE!

Hey...
I somehow missed this one.
I don't care about how rare a frame is, or how old, or even how much it is supposed te be worth. To me, what you've done to it, and how, to make it your own is what counts and I can tell you... this bike is absolutely gorgious. 8)

Not sure ...but it could very well disturb the balance in my carefully picked top 3...

Since this forum is open again, and since this frame is so "new" to so many people seeing it here, let me suggest something.

This is a cool frame and fork, but when I look at it I want to see something else. What if the fork started, instead of below the headtube, above it. Kep the same shape as the stock fork, but would go out further to match the arch of the rear, I think this would look really cool for someone to customize if they had the frame but no stock fork. Or, they could keep the stock fork and add a matching arch truss rod going out from the top to match the rear.

Anybody following me? I'm not suggesting it for this bike because this bike is done and awesome, but just thinking out loud.

Like this, kinda:

forkss.jpg

this bike is a jawdropper! 8) such gracefull lines on a frame that most of us didnt know existed! absolutely beautifull work. :D

Latest posts

Back